Second Battery tips?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LTDP200

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey, I’m in a bit of a situation. I’m fairly new to car audio so I’m kinda ignorant when it comes to some things. I just upgraded my system, got rid of those cheap MTX terminators and got something that actually hits. I just got 2 Digital Design Redline 500 series 10s in a gigantic ported box running off a Kicker CX 600.1 amplifier. Now, obviously, these subs use a lot of power, and just running them off the battery under the hood ain’t gonna cut it. I’m looking to add a second battery. What size battery should I be looking for and what are y’all’s suggestions

Go with the biggest AGM battery you can fit in under the hood. There are cheap alternatives but my go to brands are NorthStar and XS battery. I would start with that and think about 2nd battery after. You don't really need it for 1200w or less.

Unless you have smaller than a 70 or 80a alt, that 600w amp wont pull alot of current a stock charging system should be able to sustain it. However like the other member said, use the biggest agm you can fit inder the hood. Sams club duracell platinums are the best value for agms right now.

Great choice going with the redline 500s, they are one of the best subs in their class.

So you’re thinking about getting a new battery? Put that money elsewhere. After rise that amp is probably putting out closer to 300 or 400 watts. The existing lead acid and factory alt will run 1500ish just fine so long as you listen to your music with your engine on and that’s only so it don’t zap your battery. One car is on the alt is the generator. If you haven’t Do your big 3 to maximize current delivery and if you’re jonesing to spend some money deal that kicker and grab an md 1200 or md1800. Let those dd’s stretch their legs. Probably at a way smarter upgrade for near the $200 investment range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.