Second Battery tips?

LTDP200

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 3, 2020
Gulfport, MS
Hey, I’m in a bit of a situation. I’m fairly new to car audio so I’m kinda ignorant when it comes to some things. I just upgraded my system, got rid of those cheap MTX terminators and got something that actually hits. I just got 2 Digital Design Redline 500 series 10s in a gigantic ported box running off a Kicker CX 600.1 amplifier. Now, obviously, these subs use a lot of power, and just running them off the battery under the hood ain’t gonna cut it. I’m looking to add a second battery. What size battery should I be looking for and what are y’all’s suggestions

blazian87

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Go with the biggest AGM battery you can fit in under the hood. There are cheap alternatives but my go to brands are NorthStar and XS battery. I would start with that and think about 2nd battery after. You don't really need it for 1200w or less.

THATpurpleKUSH

Your emotions will be manipulated for my pleasure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Slums of the Shaolin
Unless you have smaller than a 70 or 80a alt, that 600w amp wont pull alot of current a stock charging system should be able to sustain it. However like the other member said, use the biggest agm you can fit inder the hood. Sams club duracell platinums are the best value for agms right now.

Great choice going with the redline 500s, they are one of the best subs in their class.

Reactions: OldHeadBASS

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Damn the 10 has an fs of 30 and the 12 is 25.5

THATpurpleKUSH

Your emotions will be manipulated for my pleasure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Slums of the Shaolin
Redlines will play relatively flat or burp loud n peaky. Very versatile subs, they were just redesigned recently too.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
running off a Kicker CX 600.1 amplifier. Now, obviously, these subs use a lot of power, and just running them off the battery under the hood ain’t gonna cut it.
🤨 You do not need an extra battery to run a 600 watt amp.

Reactions: Slo_Ride

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
So you’re thinking about getting a new battery? Put that money elsewhere. After rise that amp is probably putting out closer to 300 or 400 watts. The existing lead acid and factory alt will run 1500ish just fine so long as you listen to your music with your engine on and that’s only so it don’t zap your battery. One car is on the alt is the generator. If you haven’t Do your big 3 to maximize current delivery and if you’re jonesing to spend some money deal that kicker and grab an md 1200 or md1800. Let those dd’s stretch their legs. Probably at a way smarter upgrade for near the $200 investment range

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds