Kenwood display problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pmpat98

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey i jus bought this 06 pontiac g6 and it came with a kenwood kdc-x500 radio it was working good first week now out of nowhere the display suddenly froze up so i took the faceplate out to press the reset button as it said do and now the display dont work at all the radio still works cause its charging my phone but cant play music or see display any help before i just buy another one? Thanks in advance

Hey i jus bought this 06 pontiac g6 and it came with a kenwood kdc-x500 radio it was working good first week now out of nowhere the display suddenly froze up so i took the faceplate out to press the reset button as it said do and now the display dont work at all the radio still works cause its charging my phone but cant play music or see display any help before i just buy another one? Thanks in advance
I know the G6 dash isn't an easy pull but not that hard to do. Neighbor and I replaced and put a small system in his last year. You may see if the wiring on the Hu is not loose or had come unattached due to road vibrations. Be best way to confirm IN Tact wiring/ Illum.wiring may have come loose. I'd try that. Take you about an hour or two all said and done. When pulled you can check the Hu at the battery with extra wiring also to confirm the face bulb may be burnt out as well. Try another reset at battery while testing. What I used to do before setting up test bench in garage for audios

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.