Sealed off, firing into cabin or 4th order

528hz
10+ year member

Everything'sMiscellaneous
I know there are countless posts on each of these types of sub stages, but I'd just like to get some opinions from you guys on which you think would be the LOUDEST of the two.

I'm really stuck between both...

I will be using 2 12s" running off my Stetsom 4k2d (4000 RMS); this is in a trunk car.

Anyone want to sway me either way?

Are you competing or do you just want a loud daily setup? I would personally do sealed off reg ported box unless you don't have the width for both subs and a wide enough port. You are in a similar situation as me with my blowthrough. If I want to run any more than 2 12s I would have to do a BP due to lack of width of my bed.

i would like daily loud..but daily loud is not enought for me, i want something that will hit 150 and up daily something like db drag. but use that for daily music. so im put a wall in my accord with 4 15.

Are you competing or do you just want a loud daily setup? I would personally do sealed off reg ported box unless you don't have the width for both subs and a wide enough port. You are in a similar situation as me with my blowthrough. If I want to run any more than 2 12s I would have to do a BP due to lack of width of my bed.
No, I'm not competing, but I always like to see what I can gain on the TL, but it's not THAT important. I just want it to be as louder if not louder than my current setup: 3 RD Sonance 12s" ported, but firing BACK in my trunk. I can do 151s in the kick, outlaw on a warm day...

I've been talking to galacticmonk, and I think I'm going to try and bandpass all three of my current 12s". I really think I can do it! This ought to be really fun and really LOUD! I'll start a build log in the next couple of weeks once we get the design drawn up. I can't wait!

Well...my box now is 5.04 ft^3 with displacemnt. I've got about 2-3 inches more in width I can go with the BP; so giving my subs about 2.25 ft. sealed, and 3 ft. ported, I should be able to do it. It's in a CLK...

We'll see though.

Well...my box now is 5.04 ft^3 with displacemnt. I've got about 2-3 inches more in width I can go with the BP; so giving my subs about 2.25 ft. sealed, and 3 ft. ported, I should be able to do it. It's in a CLK...
We'll see though.
Oh, I see.

From what I had seen before, proper BP enclosures for just two 12" woofers was just astronomical in size. However, I will go with your word on it and await a build thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... 'Cause heck, I really want to do a BP for two twelves in a trunk! And with what your enclosure specs will be I may be able to pull off as well in my new C class lol.

Ron

im in same boat man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif im runin 2 dd 9512gs on sd 8k and was thinkin trying a 4th order. But after seeing thorshammers build and asking people to achieve loudest i think would subs firing inside on passenger side and huge port on driver side. thats what i Plan to do..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.