Helix C one with 12W7AE3 in sealed Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

EagleHannan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dear all,

I have a brand new JL12W7AE3 in its company furnished sealed box. Now i want a matching Amp. I have zero-ed it down to Helix C One according to my limited knowledge. My question:
Is Helix C One a good match for this sub?
Is there anyone else here who has has used this sub with mentioned amp in sealed configuration? I need to place order and i would appreciate expert opinions and relevant reviews of these 2 together. Thank you.

Dear all,

I have a brand new JL12W7AE3 in its company furnished sealed box. Now i want a matching Amp. I have zero-ed it down to Helix C One according to my limited knowledge. My question:
Is there anyone else here who has has used this sub with mentioned amp in sealed configuration? I need to place order and i would appreciate expert opinions and relevant reviews of these 2 together. Thank you.
FYI https://www.caraudio.com/threads/helix-c-one-with-12w7ae3-in-sealed-box.613940/

My question:
That amp has some beautiful specifications. Damping factor of 1000 is REALLY quite impressive. Only other amp I recall with that rating is the US Amps 500a, also a Class AB IIRC. Anyways, the sub being 3 Ohms, you will be looking at about 650 watts RMS going into it. If it will be in the trunk of a well padded car, you may want something with a little more oomph. That W7 is quite responsive to power in that it recovers from note to note quite quick; adding that amp may bear little advantage over a more conventional amp. I would suggest the JL Audio HD1200/1. It will give more power and is a known performer.

What he said... Any damping of over 80 is fine, 200 is really good, so 1000 is like my 80lb home audio amp! Unless you are using certified Hi-res components throughout, you are wasting a lot of money on specifications you won't be able to realize. I am all in for SQ builds and am a fan of running class A, A/B for mids and tweets til the cows come home. Right now I have a Focal FPS 2300RX to my front comps and an Audio Control 400.3, bridged to the rear coaxial drivers for fill. I am running a class D "(Korean) DS18 Hooligan HO3 to the two Focal 13" polyglass subs (and soon to be all fed by an Audio Control 8/10 DSP) and am overjoyed with the performance (which gets unbearable loud if I want it to)! I no longer see any reason to go with class A/B for sub amplification and am slowly warming on class D for everything. That JL is a great amplifier. Another option would be to pick up a DS18 EXL 2500.1 and an Audio Control or Audison DSP unit for about the same or less than you would pay for either the JL or the Helix. In the end, I think you would find that high-quality wattage is not nearly the cost it used to be, and having a great (clean class D) sub amp and a DSP controlling everything is a much better solution.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

EagleHannan

CarAudio.com Newbie
EagleHannan
Pakistan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views