Rockford Rock's

• Thread starter diamond1939_2000
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 4K
share the smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

by the way... some like rockford, some dont so its unfair if you're gonna say it sux coz definitely it doesnt.... if they ****.... they wouldnt be in the market anyway...

i love my new GIF by the way... hehehe BOOMBOX!

Okay, again to clarify myself I don't dislike Rockford stuff. I believe that if you can find anything made by RF for a good price that you should definitly buy it. I don't like the price of RF gear in audio stores. It is sefinitly way overpriced there. Right now, I'm looking and 1 hx2 on ebay right now and its $225. Thats okay, BUT, me, I'd rather have a pair in Infinity Perfects. As for amps (prices compared on ebay) I would buy a RF amp but I'd rather have something like a Phoenix Gold or Earthquake. They are about the same price range as RF on ebay but to me, they are worth the money. Don't get me wrong, RF is a great company and will still be selling stuff sucessfully when my grandchildren are getting into car audio. i just hope that the prices on their stuff would drop a little. By the way, I have been looking on a pretty decent priced 800.2 on ebay, and if the price is right, I might get it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a question. I have just bought one 12" rfr 3112(power hx2) It has 2 2ohm voice coils. now my question is, how do i wire them for 2 ohms???

I was told you cant wire them for two ohms. only 1ohm or 4ohms. I bought the rockford bd1000.1 amp to power the sub. it gives off 500 watts at 4ohms but i want to give them the 1000watts the amp gives at 2 ohms. Can any one help????

Rockford is a good company they offer you a 3 year warrenty for there amps and if you find the right place you can get the power hx2's for cheap i found a 15 for 285 and i havd one in a 3.5 ^3 box slot ported tuned for a 30 hz and it sounded dam good i had a bd 1000 on it at a 1ohm it also depends on the person but for the money rockford is the way to go 500 bucks for a 12 jlw7 is to much the perfect you can find for a 190 on the net just do some searching and listening before you knock something the hx2 woofers i dont care for you need the power series they are comparable to the w7 jl i heard 2 12w7's with a 500 jl amp on ea ch one and it didnt hit know where as hard as my 15 power hx2 same amout of wattage too now i am running 2 jl audio 15 w6 woofers with a bd1000 on each one and it hits like hell if you can find them get some w6 woofers they are really clean woofers it depends on the person make your own choice but for the bucks find a company that gives rockfords warrenty

Originally posted by Sspider I have a question. I have just bought one 12" rfr 3112(power hx2) It has 2 2ohm voice coils. now my question is, how do i wire them for 2 ohms???

I was told you cant wire them for two ohms. only 1ohm or 4ohms. I bought the rockford bd1000.1 amp to power the sub. it gives off 500 watts at 4ohms but i want to give them the 1000watts the amp gives at 2 ohms. Can any one help????

you can run the amp at a 1ohm i have a 2000 model and i had it on a 15 power hx2 dual 2ohm you may think it is at a 1ohm but it will be more like a 1.5 ohm they rate the impedence lower than usual remember they built the bd 1000 and 1500 to push there power hx2's

Originally posted by RangerMan Okay, again to clarify myself I don't dislike Rockford stuff. I believe that if you can find anything made by RF for a good price that you should definitly buy it. I don't like the price of RF gear in audio stores. It is sefinitly way overpriced there. Right now, I'm looking and 1 hx2 on ebay right now and its $225. Thats okay, BUT, me, I'd rather have a pair in Infinity Perfects. As for amps (prices compared on ebay) I would buy a RF amp but I'd rather have something like a Phoenix Gold or Earthquake. They are about the same price range as RF on ebay but to me, they are worth the money. Don't get me wrong, RF is a great company and will still be selling stuff sucessfully when my grandchildren are getting into car audio. i just hope that the prices on their stuff would drop a little. By the way, I have been looking on a pretty decent priced 800.2 on ebay, and if the price is right, I might get it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
you can get a new one for 329 bucks at cbrstereo.com look at them there a good internet company that offers there warrenty i have searched them

rockford is not a bad company. the amps are somewhat reliable, (but nowere near the quality of the older amps) the subs are O.K. for the price but there is alot out there that i feel is better and cheaper. I would recommend MMATS Pro Series subs ANYDAY over rockford. or even Image Dynamic subs. but it all comes down to personal taste.

or even image dynamics? only thing comparable that rockford and id puts out is idmax vs power hx2 and 12" for 12" i think the idmax is better go to a 15" well idmax' 15s are not made.. at least from what i see........

im sorry i wrote that wrong, what i meant to say was i would reccommend image dynamics and MMATS over RF subs. I would take the pro cast MMAT subs over the IDQ serious But i would take IDMAX's over the Pro Casts.... But then again i would take the Juggernauts over all of them, so like i said, it all comes down to personal taste

u talkin spl? if so a 12 idmax and a 12 w 7 are pretty dominat 12 INCH SIZE WISE. 15s u re prolly right. rockford is more of bumper woofers where the idq is a sound q woofer

yup they do for time being...correct me if i am wrong but noone has held a wr for more than 13 months.. elma gates was thrown out rather than beat (rules change from adding 80 hz filter) and i think my friend chris norris's record stood for 9 months

how are those w7, they look g0od, 1"+ of excursion. I wanted to get them but way to much money and i dont compete or nothing. I just want to blow away friends around here.

ohh, how bout that mtx speaker, the 4000watts one, how is that one?

what kind of car do you have? do you have a good head unit? how much you planing to spend? what amp? w7's and idmax for the most part from what i seen and was told are very comparable. i know eric stevens (owner of id) and i know everything he puts out is very capable of winning jls are great shockers are great kicker l7's are too treo's digital designs mmats kove......get the idea? basically boils down to space/application..sealed /ported encloser amp power..you cant go wrong with a dei 1100d or memphis 1000d for the money........rockford's bd1000 too there is alot out there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.