Rockford Rock's

• Thread starter diamond1939_2000
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 4K
umm audiolife, wut u talking bout????

who u talking t0?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you... there is more to a good system than just a pair of kick butt woofers..u need the whole package to achieve good results ...........that is the real difference between ok, good,and great and you dont need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get great just be wise and apply what works best for what you are trying to do. i have seen 2000-3500 dollar systems out perform much more expensive systems...why cause they did their homework.......

ohh ohhh, yea i kno it aint all about the sub. With they system i have now, i wanted more boom. I was getting g0od treble, but i wasn;t happy with my low notes. i would turn up the bass ot get more but my other speakers would fart.

here is wut i have.

Clarion head unit

4" infinity 2 ways

Jbl power 6x9 powered by a jbl amp 150x2 i believe.

had 2 10" jbl powered by infinity beta 100

replaced/ replacing the subs with

Rf power hx2 12" powered by a bd1000.1 amp and my infinity amp will now power my 6x9s.

wut u think?

good choice..you drive a berretta or a lumina?if it is trunk loaded sub system in cars like these and you want boom i might suggest a ported enclosure around 32-36 hz and does the rockford amp have a sub sonic filter? you want more pure spl go lil higher in your porting freq. but it wont hit u like a lower system will. think of lower as rumble and higher as punchy

i drive an 89 cutlass supreme.

as for the sub sonic thingy, i dont kno......

subs, amps, crossover, and cap is in the trunk.

i had a bandpass box with my jbls, before that a poorly build sealed box that my brother made. and the bandpass sounds better, i was amazed at how well the jbls sounds, it was more punky then n e thing, well depended on the song.

ohh yea, when u listen to the music, u can tell that all the sound comes from the back, bass treble, so i was thinking of buying a component set for the front, so i can even things out. shoudl i waste my time and money, or just leave it?

build a good ported box or have one built by someone that knows what they are doing..trust me... if you build it yourself seal all internal corners with silicon glue and add some braces inside...as for the highs i would build kick panels and suggest a good component or coaxial for them. cdt braixials image chameleans memphis...cerwin vega mags....lots to choose from just depends on your wallet but yes would make a huge difference..if you added these to your front i would run your 6x9's off your deck and use them as rear fill and amp the fronts=P good choice for room/budget/ease of use would be a set of clasic cdt braxials 5.25" i am studing for my mecp now so it takes me a while to answer--reviewing cell phones...yuck!!!!!

Originally posted by audiolife i am studing for my mecp now so it takes me a while to answer--reviewing cell phones...yuck!!!!!
the MECP is fine and dandy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But the cell phones, oh GOD - the humanity.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

take it easy,

-zane

Pray tell- install a cell phone? LOL!

IMO- if the user cant figure out how to install a cell phone- (press button, hold to ear- talk) they have no business using one or being out amongst the normal population. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

take it easy,

-zane

no sh*t besides that i am not so sure i would want to put them in anyway if they cant use a headset on a regular cell phone... hands free kits still got too many things to mess with while driving. how you think the jl 3 way set compares to the cdt 3 way anyhow?

no just a straight 3 way component set top of the line vs top of the line. cdt pissed me off saying that a memphis studio amp is not as good as a us tube amp or a zapco.......A i hate tube amps B quality a/b amp vs quality a/b amp i will bet 100 bucks that he couldnt tell the difference between the 2 if he were blind folded 100% of the time on the same set of mids and highs...my old car (which is all memphis now, speakers included) beat (took second overall) a zapco/focal car (took fourth) at a regional iasca/pro. i know there be factors there but that guy just sounded so rude like i dont know what a quality sound is...i sold 2700.00 system audio sets for 6 months (retail) along with sony es, denon, boston accoustic, definitive technologies,adcom,for a year. we special ordered tube amps also and i set up 4 of these 10k plus systems myself for customers who still come to me to get opinions on what to get lol

Let the company representatives speak for the integrity of the company. A JL rep would never have made some of those comments.- I speak with Joseph Colasanti at JL Audio quite frequently- and he has always gone out of his way to be extreemely helpful and friendly.

JL has the integrity, as well as my respect- they've earned it!

Typically CDT is very proffesional as well, which leads me to wonder at the comments made by this particular rep you spoke with. I would highly suggest that you contact CDT again and explain what happened to a technical support supervisor in a professional way and see what they will do for you. I am sure that you will have a better experience this way.

On the Upside, JL is always willing to help, discuss, provide information, and even shoot the breeze a bit with customers- IMO that alone speaks louder than anything.

As for the tube amps being superior and providing a noticeable audible difference in vehicle- I would call that bluff. Richard Clark just disproved that theory in a recent addition to his amplifier challenge.

Would it be in a home audio environment, this may be a little differnt. In this case, I am an avid guitarist and have a 68' Fender Bassman Ten along side of it is a newer Crate GX60VR. The Fender is completely Tube- all the way. The Crate is solid state- MOSFET. With the settings on each amplifiers clean channel the same- there is quite a good deal of audible difference between the two amps.- For those that would like to hear this in person, I would be more than happy to demonstrate. While this would not be typical home audio or car audio- this is really the first instance where I have heard a tube amp sound better. Of course, several other guitarists would concur with my observations here- Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix to name two. Who would like to argue against thier word? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just a different angle for you to look at....

take it easy,

-zane

lol so you agreeing with me or what? at least the a/b part i know tubes sound "cherry" but in my humble opinion they colorize harshness that might be a part of an original recording(make it sound better to the ear) and besides that i do believe mr clark also showed how tubes colorize/distort a speaker to produce a "warm" sound which in line with a guatar amp i would say....that is your choice to make the sound that way as the artist..so that is faithfully to what is to be in the original performance...and a tube amp reproduction might have a very slight advantage reproducing your original recording but it still would "colorize" everything else that might be in your band not using a tube amp as part of the original performance....... and the cdt guy got pissed cause i like deminstrating the dynamics of a propperly built system up to sound levels that well.. excite the senses 130-136 db when i had my old car i sold 8 sets of horns in a town that had far less than 20000 people, and welp lets face it the younger crowd will be more "audiophile" sense worthy when they hear a system that can do both "sq" and jam...and lets face it..we all like to cut loose every now and then also main thing here isnt the tube vs a/b but a zapco a/b vs a memphis a/b both are very good quality so to me him saying that is like a kid saying his mustang is better than a camaro and also it sorta distrispected me in a way cause i feel i have a good grasp of things....when i competed only people that beat me placed at world finals and of those i had beaten all but 2 at some point or another.....i'll admit i cared more about stageing and image but still i always scored above average on the sq side and about dead on on the imaging and stageing...at midwest shoot out (iasca regonial) i was 2 points from the best score you could get and i have the sheet to prove it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.