Rockford T-1500BDCP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guyver
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Been a while since I upgrade my audio equipment. Looking to upgrade to a Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp from a CT Sounds 1400. I keep hearing that Rockford gets hot, anyone care to chime in with their experience before I drop $699 on one.

JL and RF, great brands, TOO much $$. In my last build, ran a DS18 (Korean) EXL2500.1 and the current ride, a H-K03. Couple of 2000 watt H-KO2's on eBay:

$329

This one looks like new $399:

Refurb with a 3 year warranty $450

Is it as noisy as the previous BASS models? I am not a "fan" of "fans"...
It's only noticeable when it first turns on and does it start up cycle and when you turn it off...I've never heard it while music was playing and it's about 4-6ft behind me in a small suv thing

I'd say the Smart BASS would be worth looking into, if I was going full bridge. As they improve, they are moving up in price, one of the features of the design was lower cost, just not sold on full bridge designs yet.

Last edited:
Keeping mind the smart bass amps are rated at 14v

Screenshot_20231208_183123_Brave.jpg

The smart line at 12v

Screenshot_20231208_183058_Brave.jpg

Honestly unless you're below 1 ohm...the smart line would probably be the better choice

For ref that's smart bass 3k (top) and smart 3 (bottom)

Thanks ya. Just pulled the trigger on the 1500BDCP because of the constant power that RF developed to help with the ohm rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...