RCA plugs

thats an amp turn on lead. they put them on there so you don't have to run a seperate wire from your head unit to your amp(s) for the turn on lead. if you don't need it, don't worry about it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

actually no its not a turn on lead ...its a ground to help reject noise from entering via the rcas...thing is sometimes it works like an antena for noise

really? well color me stupid!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i kinda always assumed thats what they were (but never used them b/c of potential noise issues). learn somethin new everyday huh?

how does an alternator whine sound compared to engine noise? i think i have this problem, so if i was to ground it, would i go from chassis of car to chassis of car? or the head unit ground to the ground of the amp making the noise? thanks

Well, and engine goes vroom vroom......... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nothing through the speakers though.....

Alternator whine appears as a high pitched whining noise that plays through your speakers and sometimes increases or changes frequency with different engine RPM's.

A way to check for this is to set your volume control to its lowest position with the unit on and listen for this to occur. If it does not- then you are in good shape.

take it easy,

-zane

well, then i have a problem here, i do get that whining noise. my car is apart right now. i used that wire on my rca plugs and grounded one end to the amp, and the other end to the head unit ground, but the noise is still there. am i doing this right? or do i have a different problem? let me know asap please, so i can go put my car back together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ya know.... i get a high pitched whining noise in my truck too! but it's only on the passenger side of my truck. come to think of it, it's only when my girlfriend is riding with me. hmmmm........... what can i do to eliminate that noise? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Alternator noise in your speakers usually comes from power influence on your signal wires, where it is then amplified and sent to your speakers. Avoid routing RCA's near your power leads. If they must come in contact, only cross them at 90 degrees, minimizing the influence.

hi i got that same alternator problem...but i disconnected the "turn on leads' that came with the RCA's and the noise went...i think those wires on the RCA's are one of the main causes of noise and shoudl be the first thing to check before taking your car apart.

if the noise still doesn't go...u can try using a Ground Loop Isolator...although it might deprive your amp of some gain voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.