CarAudio.com Newbie
Headunit stereo- Sony WX800UI
4 RCA PORTS
FRONT & REAR/SUB [ATT PIC 1]

Amplifier- Sony Xmn-1004 4 channel [ATT PIC 2]

Front speakers- Steg Leo 650c components [ PIC 3]

Rear speakers- Pioneer A1670f [PIC 4]

Subwoofer- JBL BASSTUBE 1300W (300RMS) [PIC 5] [Single coil Subwoofer]

Chinese 2 channel amplifier for subwoofer (not using just lying in the car disconnected)

Current setup- I am using the sony amplifier 4 channel Xmn-1004 for powering the Front steg leo components
& Rear pioneer A1670f

PROBLEM- The front sounds really GOOD amplified and CLEAN
but
THE REAR PIONEER SOUNDS TRASH ALSO RUNNING ON THE SAME AMPLIFIER ON REAR CHANNEL, i was not sure what caused such poor performance of the rear speakers even with an amplifier and i noticed that the amplifier has

LPF/HPF SETTING FOR THE FRONT SPEAKERS ONLY
ONLY LPF ON/OFF SETTING FOR THE REAR
So i think that it means the amp supports only 2 speakers on the front and the rear is primarily only meant for the subwoofer.

Note: 4 of the speakers are running on high level inputs directly from the stereo wiring and RCA ports are unused.
IMG_2215.jpeg

Now the amplifier specs are as below
70W RMS*4
175*2 bridge mode

Question 1
Can this amplifier run 4 speakers at 70*4 or can support only 2 speakers and a sub in bridge mode?
Question 2
Should i use the rear speakers directly (unamplified on the stereo) and make use of my subwoofer which is currently sitting idle or should i continue using the current setup and buy another mono for the subwoofer, assuming that it does infact support 4 speakers (not sure), dissapointed with how the rear pioneer sounds probably because the amplifier is not meant for running four speakers?

Question 3 Since the amp mentions 175W *2 for the bridge mode to potentially run the subwoofer does it mean that on one channel it can provide only 175w rms and if i need to make full use of its power i have to connect two subwoofers together.
[PIC ATTACHED ABOVE] ⬆️

[Not sure if this is even possible or not
Question 4 since my subwoofer will be running on sony amplifier on rear channel in bridge mode making use of rca port and the front steg are connected via high level input to the amplifier can i safely use both HI LEVEL AND RCA (low level) at the same time or will it not work? ]

Question 5 Since the rear speakers are currently on amplifier but i believe are not performing optimally as they should since the amp is not meant to work for speakers in rear channel will connecting it directly to stereo reduce its quality and sound further or would improve or remain same?

Question 6 will connecting one 300w RMS on 175w*2 work or will i have to buy another similar sunwoofer and connect them in parallel to make it work?

AMPLIFIER SPECS ⤵️
IMG_2312.png
IMG_2311.png
IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2304.png
?hash=eb30278fb0c37e30128ec63ff1a937e8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    666.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The headunit can use both rca and the speaker outputs at the same time. The amplifier needs to be one or the other. ( don’t connect both high levels and rca to the amplifier at the same time). As far as the crossover in the amplifier goes, the rear channels can play full range for a regular speaker. Or be used for subwoofers.

Personally I would run rcas to the amplifier. Disconnect the rear speaker from the amplifier and connect them directly to the rear channels of the headunit. Then bridge the rear amplifier channels for your subwoofer.

The headunit can use both rca and the speaker outputs at the same time. The amplifier needs to be one or the other. ( don’t connect both high levels and rca to the amplifier at the same time). As far as the crossover in the amplifier goes, the rear channels can play full range for a regular speaker. Or be used for subwoofers.

Personally I would run rcas to the amplifier. Disconnect the rear speaker from the amplifier and connect them directly to the rear channels of the headunit. Then bridge the rear amplifier channels for your subwoofer.
Thanks a ton for your suggestion to my rather long query, I ll follow it and see how it works out.
Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...