Rca configuration

haught

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hemet
Bridged 4 channel memphis viv 400.4 for focal es 165 k fronts. Amp has switch for 2 or 4 I put it on 2 ran rca's from front to front on amp + and - I'm getting mono sound no balance .do I need to go from read Hu to rear amp with rca's for stereo .?

Bridged 4 channel memphis viv 400.4 for focal es 165 k fronts. Amp has switch for 2 or 4 I put it on 2 ran rca's from front to front on amp + and - I'm getting mono sound no balance .do I need to go from read Hu to rear amp with rca's for stereo .?
Usually amp's front RCAs are the universal input. What do you mean by "amp + and -"?

You need make sure you are placing your RCAs on FRONT out of the HU/Radio 1stof all for front staging,and on the amplifier you need make sure the button is in HIGH position and pushed on 4 so you dont blow the speakers and use two chs of the four for the front speakers @4ohms. Make sure your RCAs left from HU and Right go to the Front Left and Right on the amp Input, and use the Front speaker terminals. Do you have your Manual at all?? It should be self explanatory/straight forward for installation

Last edited:
That amp puts out 65x4 or 200 x 2 and he is running Focal 65ks. Bridged, no rear fill. Bridged gives the OP the most power. It is important to pay attention to the speaker connections as they are different and not something most people getting their feet wet are accustomed to seeing.

1704514761923.png

1704514985226.png

That amp puts out 65x4 or 200 x 2 and he is running Focal 65ks. Bridged, no rear fill. Bridged gives the OP the most power. It is important to pay attention to the speaker connections as they are different and not something most people getting their feet wet are accustomed to seeing.

View attachment 55948

View attachment 55949
Arent the speakers Rated for 4 ohms? Bridging that amp will throw him @ a 2 ohm load and could possibly damage the speakers eventually or blow some caps in the crossover section if not tuned properly and easy on the volume knob? Might be better to look for more power @4 ohms unless running Active for all 4 chs

Last edited:
He'll be fine with any 4 ohm speakers, tuned properly.

The focals are rated for 100 watts nominal and with the passive crossovers and power to the tweeters, 200x2 is overkill true but 65 x 4 to the 6.5s and the tweeters separately using the amp to actively cross everything is a waste of power considering the options.

He should just set the gains conservatively and run the comps bridged stereo. He is running a sub with a 1500 watt amp if I recall, so, crossing the fronts over using the pioneer HU crossover, say at 80-100 will allow the focals to handle upwards of 120 - 150 watts x2 therefore utilizing the output power of that Memphis amp.

65x4 isn't going to keep up with a sub getting even 1000 let alone 1500 watts. He can also time align L/R from the HU, It's all about balance. I would say one is more likely to try and make them play louder with a 4x65 options and damage things trying to get them to keep up rather than de-tuning the amp and playing them to their potential. Too much power is a better problem to work with than too little. ;)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...