RCA cable confusion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex prior

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey people I'm looking to buy this head unit for my BMW 1 series and it says it's got a sub RCA output but the diagram doesn't show me one and I was wondering if maybe it's called something else? I'll put the pic of the diagram. Oh also I want the sub RCA just for a single amp/sub setup nothing fancy. I know I can use the rear RCA outputs but then I wouldn't get the full control of the sub from the head unit. The RCA cables start on the diagram at number 12 onwards. Any advice appreciated
Screenshot_2024-03-24-03-17-21-802_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Some head units have switchable rca outputs. Meaning that you can go into the settings and change the rear rca output to be a subwoofer output instead. Read the manual to see if this is the case for your unit.

Some head units have switchable rca outputs. Meaning that you can go into the settings and change the rear rca output to be a subwoofer output instead. Read the manual to see if this is the case for your unit.
Was thinking the same. Or maybe read USB and if dyslexic like me, read it SUB!

I hope this is the case because not being able to control the sub from the head unit is frustrating enough but then on top of that you will always be changing the subs bass when messing with the EQ. Is there an easy way around it like a RCA to RCA sub adapter?

I hope this is the case because not being able to control the sub from the head unit is frustrating enough but then on top of that you will always be changing the subs bass when messing with the EQ. Is there an easy way around it like a RCA to RCA sub adapter?

Inline with the sub input to the sub channels, EQ with the LCi, use the remote to attenuate the volume on the bass channel.

Offer the guy $43, he sold one to me for that price.

You could also do the same wit a little less flexaibilty in mounting options for a lot less on the remote half of this sugestion:

Last edited:

Inline with the sub input to the sub channels, EQ with the LCi, use the remote to attenuate the volume on the bass channel.

Offer the guy $43, he sold one to me for that price.

You could also do the same wit a little less flexaibilty in mounting options for a lot less on the remote half of this sugestion:

I'll look into this thank you very much. On the upside I found a video of a guy installing the head unit and he has the exact green sub cable that I need with the RCA wire harness. So I think they just forgot to show it in the product photos? It is in the description of the product under RCA cables it says "subwoofer out RCA". They just didn't photograph the sub cable for some reason in the product listing.

I'll look into this thank you very much. On the upside I found a video of a guy installing the head unit and he has the exact green sub cable that I need with the RCA wire harness. So I think they just forgot to show it in the product photos? It is in the description of the product under RCA cables it says "subwoofer out RCA". They just didn't photograph the sub cable for some reason in the product listing.
No make or model number on it? Do you have an exact picture of the rear and all its glory?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...