RCA VS HIGH LEVEL INPUT

Aryan

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am going to install my subwoofer in bridge mode to my amp but i am confused as to what should i use RCA OR HIGH LEVEL INPUTS, currently my 4 channel amplifier is running front and rear speakers on separate front and rear channels but i wish to run the rear speakers direclty off the headunit and run only the front speakers off the amp, the remaining rear channel would be used in bridge mode for subwoofer.
Above ⬆️

i am currently running a high level input for both front and rear speakers pic attached below ⬇️ but after the above ⬆️ mentioned plan i am confused if i can use the high level input for the subwoofer as well, there is no mention of it in the headunit.
The head unit has 2 rca ports
front & rear/sub so i can definetly make use of it for the sub and connect both front speaker and rear speaker via rca to the amplifier and remove the existing high level imput for amplifier.

But this would require me two buy two new rca which in itself is not an issue but i am more concerned of the engine/whining noise which might come with the RCA.
So can i make use of the rear high level input connections from the stereo for subwoofer is it possible?

Also will RCA sound worse than high level input assuming i buy a decent RCA cable? Is high level input better/louder/clearer than the RCA generally or is the same just is low voltage?

I have attached the photo of the high level input wiring from stereo which goes to the amplifier and wiring diagram of my stereo as well.

Main question is that can i use high level input for subwoofer as well?

Ques 2. Is high level input better than rca in terms of sound quality and loudness?

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    930.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    795.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2289.png
    IMG_2289.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 7
RCA is cleaner than high level input. The loudness should technically be the same. ( that is what the gain control on the amplifier is for)

I don’t know about your exact head unit, but many will only allow subwoofer control through the rca output. Also, remember that if you used the rear high level output in subwoofer mode, your rear door speakers would only play bass. Just like the subwoofer.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...