JBL 1200.1 ? is it that goog?

ya its really all that good, in my oppinion, for how much it costs, its the best amp around, unless u get something bigger from your friends and stuff

Originally posted by audiolife yup only real weakness is the lack of a sub sonic filter (dont worry about it unless you are a volume master or want a ported box)
What do you mean by volume master? Someone who blasts their music? I'm confused. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Why do you say you don't want to use this with a ported box?

Thanks.

ok say your ported box is tuned to 35 hz anything below 35 hz the box has no suspension for the speaker. thus 25 hz would or very easily could damage the woofer. sub sonic filters remove this unwanted frequency response. yes volume mastering is a dweeb that cranks his/her stuff all the way up and they talk to you when you tellem not to "blast it" "it goes to 30 so i'll use it at 30!" these people have no bussiness having a warranty and better yet SHOULD bury their speedometer @ 120 all the time so there would be less of these people //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So as long as I'm careful with my gains and volume I shouldn't have a problem?

I ordered the JBL 1200.1

Is there any device that could be added somewhere in the wiring that could block off certain frequencies that the subs can't handle?

Thanks

audio control but by the time you spend money on it and install it imo you might as well get an amp with it already...jbl is a good amp though i wont knock it for what it does just for what it doesnt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.