RCA cable questions

6r33n3y3z

CarAudio.com Recruit
FL
Hello everyone. I was really into car audio 30 years ago. It has been a long time since I have installed or wired a complete system. I want to make sure I purchase high quality RCA cables. I was considering the Stinger 6000 series. I will need 6 channels total. Do any of you have any experience with the 6000 series or and of the newer Stinger cables? https://stingerelectronics.com/coll...hannel-triple-shielded-interconnect-12ft-3-7m

Hello everyone. I was really into car audio 30 years ago. It has been a long time since I have installed or wired a complete system. I want to make sure I purchase high quality RCA cables. I was considering the Stinger 6000 series. I will need 6 channels total. Do any of you have any experience with the 6000 series or and of the newer Stinger cables? https://stingerelectronics.com/coll...hannel-triple-shielded-interconnect-12ft-3-7m
I would not recommend any 6 ch. set of RCAs for a 4 ch and a 2 ch/Mono amplifier as two chs will be too short to reach the 2 ch or mono amplifier usually if feeding the 4 ch first. Id recommend 1 set of 4 ch and a set of 2 ch. other than that, work well with a 5ch or 6 ch amplifier. Ive been using Stinger RCAs for a very long time from Zero Noise up to 4000 series on up , twisted,ect. I have never had any issues with Stinger products ever. I run theyre Distro blocks, Fused distro blocks and just about anything I can use, even Xscorpian products that are made by Stinger, scroll fans,cooling fans ect. Monoprice are another decent set of RCAs to take a look at for a decent experience and price point. Stinger?? Great stuff from my personal experiences over the years!! Recommended!!

Using 6000 series now they are good to go. I had the krystals like above but they do go on tight so be careful and twist them off the regular style non tiffany rca jacks if that is what you have.

Last edited:
Yeah some of the newer RCA Cables have bigger ends on them I have seen recently. And icr what set it was but it was OFC and from Amazon but they wouldn't plug into either the DEH-80PRS or the mono-block amplifier or the 4 channel so I just sent them back.

Something to watch out for as he said.

PS. 12ft is pretty small for a set of RCAs. In a reg cab pickup I used 12ft cables to go from the back wall to just over the trans tunnel. If you haven't bought any yet, and have never actually ran it, you should get a cord or string, or speaker wire, or something and go route it where you plan to. Verify that 12ft is going to be long enough. In my REGULAR CAB pickup. From the head unit to the back I needed 17ft.

PS. 12ft is pretty small for a set of RCAs. In a reg cab pickup I used 12ft cables to go from the back wall to just over the trans tunnel. If you haven't bought any yet, and have never actually ran it, you should get a cord or string, or speaker wire, or something and go route it where you plan to. Verify that 12ft is going to be long enough. In my REGULAR CAB pickup. From the head unit to the back I needed 17ft.
I am definitely going to measure before I buy them. I want to make the run as short as possible. I am going to pull out the seats and the floor liner and run the cable up the center of the truck to the back behind the rear seat.

I am definitely going to measure before I buy them. I want to make the run as short as possible. I am going to pull out the seats and the floor liner and run the cable up the center of the truck to the back behind the rear seat.
I like to have a little extra as I swapp amps usually. Its nice to have the extra footage if your amp kicks the bucket and you need that extra for a new amp/amplifiers or make changes. 18" is a nice # for me on the extra needed

Last edited:
I like to have a little extra as I swapp amps usually. Its nice to have the extra footage if your amp kicks the bucket and you need that extra for a new amp/amplifiers or make changes. 18" is a nice # for me on the extra needed
I agree with that.

I agree with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...