Speaker wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

bernee69

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
When wiring speakers in parallel do you have to go from speaker a to speaker b, or can the just be connected at the amplifier? And in this case 1 speaker is 4 ohm and 1 is 8 ohm. I am also thinking about adding another 8 ohm speaker so that my final load will be 2 ohm. Would I have to run the wire from 8 ohm to 8 ohm to 4 ohm speaker or does it matter which order or way,? Like just connected at the amp.?

When wiring speakers in parallel do you have to go from speaker a to speaker b, or can the just be connected at the amplifier? And in this case 1 speaker is 4 ohm and 1 is 8 ohm. I am also thinking about adding another 8 ohm speaker so that my final load will be 2 ohm. Would I have to run the wire from 8 ohm to 8 ohm to 4 ohm speaker or does it matter which order or way,? Like just connected at the amp.?
This should help you understand and either download or bookmark and print out

Parallel at the amp is the same as parallel at the speaker then to the amp. Just like parallel off of a single subwoofer driver with two voice coils in parallel then one wire to the amp, all the same. Once it’s parallel, it’s one lead to the amp and seen as the sum of the two. Remember, any load in parallel is going to be lower than the lowest in the circuit. An 8 ohm and 1 ohm in parallel is only a .88 ohm load. That’s often too low for most amplifiers to handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...