Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

this is what my doors looked like after deadening:

edeadrightdoorsmall6qz.jpg

i have deadening on the inside of the outer skin, the inside of the inner piece, and the outside of the inner piece

Yea I am definately getting the outside of the outside skin, but I meant the inside of it. I got the inner "skin" i guess you would call it really good. Its hard to explain how the holes are, i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it, my doors holes are nothing like the ones on the original post. I guess i'll have to buy mat to cover some of them and put mdf on the normal holes. I hate to have to buy more deadening after buying 5 gallons of sludge, but oh well, as much as i'll have into this system ill have to.
i think we're confusing outside and inside terms. basically, cover everything except the exterior of the door lol.

this is what my doors looked like after deadening:
edeadrightdoorsmall6qz.jpg

i have deadening on the inside of the outer skin, the inside of the inner piece, and the outside of the inner piece
how did you get the inside of the outer skin? I guess mat would be easier than liquid in this situation since I cant see what the hell im doing to that part and would make a bigass mess with the sludge, so i guess ill get a little bit of mat to cover the inside of it. How many layers did you do and how much of a difference did it make? The doors are a real ***** to deaden, the rest of the car is no problem, although i'm only doing the cabin since im walling it off, as big as the trunk is it would be a ***** to do too, lol.

how did you get the inside of the outer skin? I guess mat would be easier than liquid in this situation since I cant see what the hell im doing to that part and would make a bigass mess with the sludge, so i guess ill get a little bit of mat to cover the inside of it. How many layers did you do and how much of a difference did it make?
there's enough holes that you can just reach through and stick it on, the holes are covered with deadening in that pic

there's one layer on every surface, about 35 sq feet for both front doors

sounds much better afterwards

there's enough holes that you can just reach through and stick it on, the holes are covered with deadening in that picthere's one layer on every surface, about 35 sq feet for both front doors

sounds much better afterwards
I guess I will get some fatmat extreme or something cheap to do the inside of the outer skin with, and cover the smaller holes with, and mdf the rest, and use sludge on most of the outerskin. These doors are a real pain in the ass. At least I won't have to do the rears.

I guess I will get some fatmat extreme or something cheap to do the inside of the outer skin with, and cover the smaller holes with, and mdf the rest, and use sludge on most of the outerskin. These doors are a real pain in the ass. At least I won't have to do the rears.
ya, i dont want to take them off again, they're so flimsy

i kind of want to do the rear to help out with road noise, but i dont want to screw up the panels

ya, i dont want to take them off again, they're so flimsyi kind of want to do the rear to help out with road noise, but i dont want to screw up the panels
I doubt I will hear any road noise from the rear doors with a wall and 2 mt 18s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I doubt I will hear any road noise from the rear doors with a wall and 2 mt 18s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
wow... i'd guess not

we're definitely going to need pics of this

hey guys i finally decided to get around to deadening my doors. well i got the passenger door but only did the part that you see in everyone else's pics. i barely got the door panel back on and my door wouldn't shut. but i fixed it. and i left all the holes open too. was this a really bad idea? i'm still waiting on my cdt's to come in. my door's are really a pain in the ass to deaden adn i really don't want to mess with cutting up my hands and arms trying to deaden the inside of the door. is it really necessary? it's effing hot too so i'm sweating my ass off trying to do this.

hey guys i finally decided to get around to deadening my doors. well i got the passenger door but only did the part that you see in everyone else's pics. i barely got the door panel back on and my door wouldn't shut. but i fixed it. and i left all the holes open too. was this a really bad idea? i'm still waiting on my cdt's to come in. my door's are really a pain in the ass to deaden adn i really don't want to mess with cutting up my hands and arms trying to deaden the inside of the door. is it really necessary? it's effing hot too so i'm sweating my ass off trying to do this.
If you cant cover the holes with MDF/plexi then use some deadner to cover them. Something is better than nothing.

If you are careful ( like me) you wont get any cuts anywhere.

If its to hot in the day, do it at night or when the sun goes down

If you cant cover the holes with MDF/plexi then use some deadner to cover them. Something is better than nothing.If you are careful ( like me) you wont get any cuts anywhere.

If its to hot in the day, do it at night or when the sun goes down

thanks. yeah i'll try deadening it more later. also is the eggcarton really necessary too? cuz i threw away the oem plastic piece that covers the door when u take the panel off. what will happen when it rains/snows? btw i did get my cl-61's in and my d3 400.2 in. just waiting to install those as well.

eggcarton eliminates standing waves behind the mid thatll cause cancellation and resonance.

you should do it. as for weather protection, u can buy those foam thingies that go around your mid from cardomain/crutchfied. i dont know what theyre called, somebody chime in por favor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

eggcarton eliminates standing waves behind the mid thatll cause cancellation and resonance.you should do it. as for weather protection, u can buy those foam thingies that go around your mid from cardomain/crutchfied. i dont know what theyre called, somebody chime in por favor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

foam baffles? and thanks for the advice

Is there a recommened Sound dampening material? I obviously know of Dynomat...how about cascade?

I have just heard some stories form local shops about using bad material and the whole car smells like tar or something like that!

Also good places to purchase it online at some good prices?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.