Best components under 800

Participant count
  • Participant list

Leungie

CarAudio.com Newbie
CHINA
Hi everyone
I'm a newb and want to ask for some advise regarding 2 way component speakers.

I mainly listen to pop rnb etc

I am looking to do
sound deadening,
2 sets of component speakers (6.5),
a 10" sub where the spare tire is,
Amp for speakers, amp for sub and a DSP

The car is a 2019 Toyota Vellfire (7 seater Minivan).

I have listened to Focal ES 165 K (600USD) and KX2 (900usd), K sounds too bright and KX2 sounds pretty good but I must say I probably wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been. Still damn fine speakers but also a little over my budge.

Others I'm looking into into Morel Hybrid, Steg Sg650c. Any comments on these or other recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thought I'd start with the speakers and then work my way to the sub and then amps.

So much info to learn etc.

Thank you everyone in advance.

James

If you just listened to them on the passive crossover, thats why they sound crappy. Focal has the crossovers at 5000hz and the mids sound like absolute **** playing up that high. Mid 3000s to low 4000s is the sweeter spot to cross over the mids which is why active crossovers is vital when you run focal speakers it'll make things sound buttery smooth and resolving compared to the blob of noise you get with the speakers just straight out the box on the passive crossover, sounds like absolute trash imo. Well the one i heard was the k2 165krx2. However they sound fking awesome after the tune.

Tha
If you just listened to them on the passive crossover, thats why they sound crappy. Focal has the crossovers at 5000hz and the mids sound like absolute **** playing up that high. Mid 3000s to low 4000s is the sweeter spot to cross over the mids which is why active crossovers is vital when you run focal speakers it'll make things sound buttery smooth and resolving compared to the blob of noise you get with the speakers just straight out the box on the passive crossover, sounds like absolute trash imo. Well the one i heard was the k2 165krx2. However they sound fking awesome after the tune.
Thanks Jeff. I'll give morel hybrids and Dynaudio 272 a listen on Tuesday and then decide

I've heard dozens of sets. Still can't argue against CDT es line. The drt26s is the smoothest and most detailed tweeter under 500 a pair. They mids are on par with the morels and audison with better low-end.

The tweeters take a dive under 3500 FAST. YUCK

actually can cross down to 2.5khz fine and plays well at non basshead volumes but power handling goes down a lot.
I've moved over to hybrids. I'm try the hertz tweeters but I'll probably sell the and use two of these..

The es 02 has good midrange ideally they play great from about 800hz to about 10000hz..
yeah literally **** compared to everything else I use and I put plenty of power, full blown SQ tune(time alignment, RTA EQ, active networks, best positioning, on axis, phase, polarity swaps, etc.. literally tried everything possible to get good sound out of it because shits are expensive) out of the box was trash, after tune trash but then again i'm comparing it to other drivers that completely destroy them in performance for way cheaper out the box and after tune and in head to head direct swaps. I say trash as in trash price to performance ratio, not "this is boss audio level" trash. More like these sound like 100 dollar drivers at best trash. Like even alpine type Rs perform better and I think those POS type R comps **** ass.

yeah literally **** compared to everything else I use and I put plenty of power, full blown SQ tune(time alignment, RTA EQ, active networks, best positioning, on axis, phase, polarity swaps, etc.. literally tried everything possible to get good sound out of it because shits are expensive) out of the box was trash, after tune trash but then again i'm comparing it to other drivers that completely destroy them in performance for way cheaper out the box and after tune and in head to head direct swaps. I say trash as in trash price to performance ratio, not "this is boss audio level" trash. More like these sound like 100 dollar drivers at best trash. Like even alpine type Rs perform better and I think those POS type R comps **** ass.
I don't know what you did wrong. The es02 isn't a tweeter it's more of a midrange. You should have known that.
I had the es-6 and I didn't have any grips about them. They easily beat the poly Kevlar and other mids I've used for n the same price range.

I don't know what you did wrong. The es02 isn't a tweeter it's more of a midrange. You should have known that.
I had the es-6 and I didn't have any grips about them. They easily beat the poly Kevlar and other mids I've used for n the same price range.
its not wrong its **** lol. Its garbage as a midrange and it fails to be a tweeter I would definitely not let that tiny little **** handle either job. HAT legatias sound like actual midranges, the ES 02s sound like pure ****. es 06 is a dime a dozen mid with lackluster midbass performance and weak output. When cheaper drivers are dropped in the same exact install and sounds better without a tune vs these ES series with a tune is when there's serious issues. Its not the only CDT ES setup i've heard, I heard other people using CDT ES setups and they sound exactly the same sound signature and even weaker output. I had 300 rms on tap to the mid and 150 to the ES 02 and he's a dealer for them (not the person i got mines off of i got it off another authorized dealer.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.