Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

Hmm I just matted over the open spaces in my door to seal them up, I didn't want to spend the time cutting anything out and I had ALOT of unique shapped spaces in my doors. so I jsut stuck a large piece of RAAMAT over them, Bad Idea?

heres my gosh diddly darn door

385cq.jpg

each door has 3 layers of spectrum (half gallon) mainly on the outer skin, eDead v.1se on the inner skin, deflex pads, plexi covering that one hole, and clay for the mid.

Not a bad idea but its not as stiff as a piece of MDF or plexi would be
x2. if it's a big hole like the one i have, i would put mdf/plexi. i left the small holes covered with mat.

heres my gosh diddly darn door
385cq.jpg

each door has 3 layers of spectrum (half gallon) mainly on the outer skin, eDead v.1se on the inner skin, deflex pads, plexi covering that one hole, and clay for the mid.
hey those are the pg xenons right? how you like em? where's your tweet mounted. sorry this is off topic, i am in the process of insalling those too. if you guys had limited cash, what areas of your car would you sound deaden first, and with what and how much of it? thanks

Walmart, its where the markers are.

I bet my friends clay has all come off in this heat. I cant wait to see the puddle of clay on teh door sill

The clay looks good, but how long will it last? Looks like it would fall off in no time.
depends on the clay and the climate. i got mine at a arts/crafts store, was kinda expensive, but it doesnt melt in hot weather.

you dont need clay at all

Just make shure that the extremis' are sealed.

Cheap wal mart clay doesnt last in the cali heat.

It literally pooled out of my friends door onto his sill.

Not like it cost me a whole lot, $.97 a pack

Is it necesary to deaden the inside of the outer skin. I deadened the actual door under the skin today, and it was a ***** to do with second skin sludge it took like 3 hours to do both. I have no idea how I would be able to do the inside of the outer skin, how would I see what I covered? And my panel has lots of holes in it, and they aren't just holes, its hard to explain, ill try to get pics tomorrow, but any tips for me?

evan

Is it necesary to deaden the inside of the outer skin. I deadened the actual door under the skin today, and it was a ***** to do with second skin sludge it took like 3 hours to do both. I have no idea how I would be able to do the inside of the outer skin, how would I see what I covered? And my panel has lots of holes in it, and they aren't just holes, its hard to explain, ill try to get pics tomorrow, but any tips for me?
evan
yea u wanna get the outer skin, very important. u can tell where u've been by the color of the sludge, it was easy to tell with spectrum for me. if the holes are big, cover them with mdf/plexiglass and if it's not too big mat should be fine.

yea u wanna get the outer skin, very important. u can tell where u've been by the color of the sludge, it was easy to tell with spectrum for me. if the holes are big, cover them with mdf/plexiglass and if it's not too big mat should be fine.
Yea I am definately getting the outside of the outside skin, but I meant the inside of it. I got the inner "skin" i guess you would call it really good. Its hard to explain how the holes are, i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it, my doors holes are nothing like the ones on the original post. I guess i'll have to buy mat to cover some of them and put mdf on the normal holes. I hate to have to buy more deadening after buying 5 gallons of sludge, but oh well, as much as i'll have into this system ill have to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.