Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

Thanks, Squeak.
Uhmm.. is there really any difference between using eggcrate foam and a deflex pad? For example, I have the entire space behind the 6.5" in the door filled with that eggcrate stuff. Won't it do a better job of blocking sound transmission through the outer skin of the door, or is it really just there to break up the backwave of the speaker??
The material is there more to break up the rearwaves from reflecting back against the speaker, causing distortion. That's why the deflex pads aren't very thick at all, and why they have those ridges all the way around them.....to deflect the rearwave away from reflecting back against the speaker.

You'll either have to try squishing it up and shoving it back there, or cutting it into smaller pieces to fit through the hole(s)

It's only silicone.....if it doesn't work like you wanted, scrape it back off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm going to glue a small bit of 1/2" eggcrate to my car today. Wish me luck. I'll see if I can hear any good results.

i did the clay thing and saw a big difference. good stuff.

have my deflex pads on the way from PE too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im getting the clay ans i have some egg carton foam that i'll be using.

Great article, but i think using MDF in the door would be cheaper for most of us instead of plexi

I had 1/2 inch egg foam installed in the doors. The difference was noticable, but not miraculous or anything. Definitely worth the effort to swipe excess foam from work and 20 minutes of panel pulling and hot glue, though.

I did this to my friends car

Wal mart had clay for $.97 a pack.

Came in 4 collours and smelled good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

P.S

I did notice a slight difference, midbass seems to be much tighter and get a bit lower.

Totally worth it IMO for $3.00

Well, I am going to try this out tonight. I will let you guys know what I find on saturday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.