Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

will they be green?
flxx audio ruined the idea of a high quality driver with a green basket lol

Meh way to many companies lately. Hard to keep track. Flxx, bass head bandits, tantric, visceral, and more.
I agree there are too many sub brands dropping, but they almost all are based around the sd low to mid class stuff. jake had the entry level generic multipurpose class in the bag, as does skar,obsidian etc, and in the kW per driver class, SD, IA, AQ, Atomic, RD etc has that wrapped up, but noone is making a true high fidelity driver with the capability of transparency and articulation (focal, A/D/S/ etc) for a price thats reasonable and that aggrivates me and I'm sure others who are looking for a daily system capable of precise bass notes that are pleasing to the most discerning ear. Thats where I want this driver to fit.

Let me ask this, If I can get the cost down some by ordering a larger quantity w/o logo who would be up for a preorder? Est build time is 15 days from my order date, not sure how long shipping would take though.

Let me ask this, If I can get the cost down some by ordering a larger quantity w/o logo who would be up for a preorder? Est build time is 15 days from my order date, not sure how long shipping would take though.
pics first.

I would recommend ported, but people swear the SS Rl-P was awesome sealed and its tsp's and EM parameters are very similar.
Indeed, but the sealed enclosures those liked where a bit "large".... well bigger then average anyway.

Sealed boxes should be able to be tiny and still have optimum qtc?
I was referring to the sub you were talking about. Not sure why, but those liked a bit larger enclosure then you would expect. It is highly possible that your drivers will react differently since they are not exactly the same.

From what you posted I would think a moderate sized sealed enclosure would be ok with having good output and a decent response curve. Ported...I wold think it is a really wide open option there. Looks like a 1.5-2 would be close to idea, but then again T/S specs don't tell the whole story of how the driver will actually perform with in a given enclosure and installation.

Box wise, If you must go sealed, stay under .75net but above .3Net per

Vented looks like between 1.8net per @ 30Hz and 1.3 net per @ 32 ftw (25-40sq" of port per driver)

Proposed Logo compliments of Micksh

97951C2A.jpg
[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.