Plans on new sub & amp combo, need advice

and to amp 2 ga is great size for all of it.. or u can do 0 to amp or 0 and 4 but lot of peeps use 2 for all.. i think it says it's good for 350 amps up to 50ft if so thats like 5k rms..
I think I'll go 2 gauge all around. Just so I'm clear is 2 gauge smaller than 0 gauge??
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think I'll go 2 gauge all around. Just so I'm clear is 2 gauge smaller than 0 gauge??
yeah but like twice size of 4 ga.. look around for it boomintahoe uses it he has 2 2500 amps.. if u can't get it cheaper than the 0 ga get that (0ga can be pain to run to amp, some run it under car with garden hose to protect it)

yeah but like twice size of 4 ga.. look around for it boomintahoe uses it he has 2 2500 amps.. if u can't get it cheaper than the 0 ga get that (0ga can be pain to run to amp, some run it under car with garden hose to protect it)
Okay I'll look for 2 gauge wire

If you're getting a CAB... IDK why you'd use less than 0ga wire... the amp has 0ga power/ground inputs, the charging wire from alt to battery could be smaller (4ga) with a factory alt.

But the rest of the big 3 should stay 0ga

This'll let you do it once and correctly... if you upgrade your alt someday, all you'll need is to change the charge wire to sufficient guage.

And a 4ga charge wire is capable of supporting a pretty good sized alt anyways

Op... do it once and do it right, its not something you'll wanna redo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.