Plans on new sub & amp combo, need advice

you need to measure the space you have available. Having someone build a box is going to cost around a 1/4 of your budget. A ported box is going to be larger then your sealed boxes. If I were you id use the pioneer it'll do 450 rms bridged. Get one sub, size of sub based on the room you have so you can add another latter when you can afford it.

so if you go out and buy a two hundred dollar sub 200 $ amp 200$ box you still only have one sub and u still need to buy everything to hook it up.

you'll need a 4 ohm sub or a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub wired to 4 ohm to run off the pioneer bridged. One good sub in a good ported box is going to sound way better then your two different sized sealed kickers. That's what id do anyway.

Are you in any groups on Facebook? You could start by asking there to find someone local maybe in your area or surrounding areas preferably someone who could design the box as well.
I'm not in any groups. I was thinking about ordering one off eBay. What does all the stuff in the pictures mean
c32aac7ed2cdaec4cbb1bf1bab87542f.jpg
a1031b425a54aa3169600bf5059eed8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

you need to measure the space you have available. Having someone build a box is going to cost around a 1/4 of your budget. A ported box is going to be larger then your sealed boxes. If I were you id use the pioneer it'll do 450 rms bridged. Get one sub, size of sub based on the room you have so you can add another latter when you can afford it.
so if you go out and buy a two hundred dollar sub 200 $ amp 200$ box you still only have one sub and u still need to buy everything to hook it up.

you'll need a 4 ohm sub or a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub wired to 4 ohm to run off the pioneer bridged. One good sub in a good ported box is going to sound way better then your two different sized sealed kickers. That's what id do anyway.
How do measure the space???? And what's better the 2 or 4 ohm sub??

Build one... or pay. Even most decent looking boxes are just that...a prefab... a nice online box will probably cost as much as having one built... do your own and $50-75 later you got what you wanted... and it'll be tuned to your preference and ported for your specific power if done correctly... it'll sound better than you'll expect.

How do measure the space???? And what's better the 2 or 4 ohm sub??
You get a tape measure an go find your max width x height x depth of the area you are wanting to put your box. The lower the ohm the more power you will get from your amp, you want to match the rms of your sub/subs at the ohm load the amp will put it out.

Build one... or pay. Even most decent looking boxes are just that...a prefab... a nice online box will probably cost as much as having one built... do your own and $50-75 later you got what you wanted... and it'll be tuned to your preference and ported for your specific power if done correctly... it'll sound better than you'll expect.
I'm pretty sure you already know this but I'm a noob when it come to this. I've never built a box and I have no idea how to tune it

I'm pretty sure you already know this but I'm a noob when it come to this. I've never built a box and I have no idea how to tune it
It’s quite simple after you figure the space you have to work with & the equipment your using get a design with a cut sheet then you just measure the pieces out an glue/screw together

If you have a Home Depot or lowes etc they can cut the pieces for won’t be prefect but good enough if you can’t cut or don’t have someone to cut them for you.
The closest I have to a Lowe's or home depot is called com's do it center. It's kinda like home depot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.