Pioneer Amp, blowing multiple subwoofers..

4volt is supposed to have better signal quality it allows the amp to work less to achieve the same sound so if the amp is working less you get less heat which would cut down distortion
Total BS. The output is the only measure of how hard the amp is working. 100w output from a .2V signal or from a 4v signal is exactly the same stress on the power supply and the output stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

You can wire those subs up @8 ohms if they are both SVC4 ohm subs,and that amp will run fine after being tuned properly...
You can run the SVC subs on the GM-DX871 at 1 Ohm, just lower the gain at the amp. The third sub is too different to run on the same amp as the...
GM-D9701. Used it to power a sound quality sub (Adire Brahma 15”). Was adult owned and carefully used (had a Mini DSP connected to it with a...
Many moons ago I was heavy into Car Audio Systems(Iasca stuff) but a ton of things have me removed and knowledge forgotten so I need a refresh. I...

About this thread

RyanParshall

10+ year member
Cool New Member
RyanParshall
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date