parked car for 8 months for fall& winter now alpine 7909 cd modes just makes white noise

masterblaster1

CarAudio.com Recruit
Manitoba
Hi, I parked my car for 7-8 months here for the fall and winter months, Since I usually hibernate for the winter and don't go anywhere till spring. I have always done this for several years now, and every year the alpine 7909 plays the cd just fine. This year ,When I put the battery back in, and turned the deck on and went to play a cd. All it does is make white noise almost like a am or fm station that has no signal, volume still works, and just turns what sounds like white noise up or down, I check radio mode aka tuner, and everything sounds just fine there, only problem I didn't buy the alpine anniversary 7909 to listen to the radio, since radio signal quality is crap around here, and you are at the mercy of the radio station to play something good.Anyone know what the probem is. Also is there a rest switch on the front of these alpine 7909 head units that is tiny ,and is pressed in with a small pin,I know a lot of decks can have this,and mabe a solid rest may help. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated,Thanks

Disconnect and press the reset button. Then hook it back up.
Where is the reset button located for the alpine 7909 and alpine 7909 anniversary edition headunits, Also what will happen if I just hit the rest button without opening up the dash and disconnecting the deck. It was disconnected for 8 months ,since the battery had to be out of the car or it would have froze. thanks

The reset button disconnects the built in battery to "reset" all your stations and settings back to oem. If you do not pull the radio fuse it may do a partial reset or nothing at all.

The reset button disconnects the built in battery to "reset" all your stations and settings back to oem. If you do not pull the radio fuse it may do a partial reset or nothing at all.
Hi I was able to find the reset button and reset things but the white noise still continues, I think I will end up pulling the deck out, and checking to see if the cd laser got covered with excess dust or moisture etc. Thanks for mentioning the reset fix, No one else even chimed in with any other suggestions, so thanks for that. If I am able to find what the problem was, I will post back,So if anyone else ever has this problem,At least someone will have the answer waiting for them , Until then nanu nanu, Half to have watched mork and mindy to get that last part.

How do you know what everybody has here for a head unit. For a so called ancient turd, They still sell for a far higher price than the pioneer p99rs. Some people like the older classic stuff. You must be one of them, or you wouldn't have a so called old turd of a car beside your profile. You comment did nothing to help ,and made you look stupid.
n anc

Until then nanu nanu, Half to have watched mork and mindy to get that last part.
Yup, I watched M&M. Robin Williams was awesome. But yeah, you are welcome. Most oftentimes when you get noise, it is ground related, sometimes even capacitors gone bad inside the unit. But since you said FM plays ok, it is a mystery. I just read up on that particular deck and I now understand why you want to keep it. In retrospect, it is of such high quality that even the minutest issue will cause noise. Down side is that not just any tech may be able to poke around in there.

Thanks for the link to the cd cleaner. For this price, it can't hurt to try this. It's my sneaking suspicion that the laser eye could use a good cleaning.Since all my cruising is country cruising on gravel roads. Thowing me for a loop though when it worked fine when I parked it,and thought it would give a warning with mabe more skipping,not just white noise like an fm station not tuned in. Oh well, I see lots of good reviews on people saying they thought their dvd or cd player was done,until they tried this. I,ll get this ordered and chime back in ,to let everyone know if this worked or not. thanks for everyones help so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.