parked car for 8 months for fall& winter now alpine 7909 cd modes just makes white noise

Hi, I parked my car for 7-8 months here for the fall and winter months, Since I usually hibernate for the winter and don't go anywhere till spring. I have always done this for several years now, and every year the alpine 7909 plays the cd just fine. This year ,When I put the battery back in, and turned the deck on and went to play a cd. All it does is make white noise almost like a am or fm station that has no signal, volume still works, and just turns what sounds like white noise up or down, I check radio mode aka tuner, and everything sounds just fine there, only problem I didn't buy the alpine anniversary 7909 to listen to the radio, since radio signal quality is crap around here, and you are at the mercy of the radio station to play something good.Anyone know what the probem is. Also is there a rest switch on the front of these alpine 7909 head units that is tiny ,and is pressed in with a small pin,I know a lot of decks can have this,and mabe a solid rest may help. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated,Thanks
If it's truly bricked hit the reset ands see if that helps.

Otherwise entropy hath struck again! :-( Although it's a good sign that the whitenoise responded to the amp controls like Volume. May just be a config problem.

John Kuthe...

Definitely not a problem with any of the configurations or any of the other components, Ended up swapping in a clarion drx9255 and everything is working perfectly again, I am waiting for a cd laser cleaning kit to arrive to see if cleaning the laser helps,The reset button did not fix it. Some way shape or form, I will figure out what is wrong with the alpine anniversary 7909 since they are worth a lot of money now,and still are very good sounding decks to this day. thanks again though for everyones help so far.

Kind of makes me wonder if Moisture set on the board during the 8 month setting of the vehicle and created some rust on some soldering points and finally gave way with powering back up with some heat for the power supply.It may be possible

I agree with the poster that talked about moisture set in . The year before I moved to this new location,When it sat that 8 months, The cd player had a hard time playing a burned cd,and would only play regular cds for awile,Then this year after the 8 month sit,just white white noise. You wouldn't think the location change would have made the change,since I just moved from town ,back to the country 10 miles away. But that when the deck started acting up,When I got here,It always sat for the 7-8 winter months when parked in town,Just seems to hate it here for some reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.