Options of subs with my Ohm rating

This is what a proper box should look like... very similar to this... and 400 watts should sound pretty ok then...

ugenqWi.jpg

Are you using a aftermarket deck or LOC?

But.. it's still a 60$ sub no?
D*nm man... I keep telling ya that if you add 100 watts the change will be minimal... box is everything at your wattage... even your new kicker will sound so much better in a properly designed box ... just be sure to account for your low power... it's ok... 400 watts can still getter done!.. I'm out

But.. it's still a 60$ sub no?
yeah jeffdachef posted video if 2 low end jbls with round port on 400 watts (he may have meant clamped power which is twice your 400 watts but still) it was flexing entire car.. it's just correct box for sub u have.. my pioneer in 1.6cf ad ported was amazing for a $70 sub., and that was a prefab, tuned right though., port just tad small.

yeah jeffdachef posted video if 2 low end jbls with round port on 400 watts (he may have meant clamped power which is twice your 400 watts but still) it was flexing entire car.. it's just correct box for sub u have.. my pioneer in 1.6cf ad ported was amazing for a $70 sub., and that was a prefab, tuned right though., port just tad small.
No gramps... I've seen 4-500 watts do that... it's all box at that power level!

Flexing can easily happen at 30hz and below and some ok power.
Dont take much to flex, unless we talking flabby flexing where sh1t becomes paper then thats another story.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry what? 

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Sorry I was talking about the sound ordnance amp. I figured if I'm getting a 500 watt sub might as well get bigger amp and upgrade an older amp. I got everything for free with the car anyway so.

Sorry don't really have pics. Don't even think they got a website.
Stay the fk away from anything sound ordinance or crutchfield for that matter. Stop focusing on the stuff that gets you nowhere and focus on the enclosure. If you are gonna upgrade power, get a 1000-1500 watt amp and dont ***** foot around with the upgrade.

I already showed you what 400 watts can do with a real box on some cheapy @ss 60 dollar jbl gt5 subs. But you literally ignored everyone's advice about the box and just did whatever the fk you wanted and had sub par results. If you aren't gonna listen to people who actually know how to get loud and sound good, there's nothing we can do to help you man.

Stay the fk away from anything sound ordinance or crutchfield for that matter. Stop focusing on the stuff that gets you nowhere and focus on the enclosure. If you are gonna upgrade power, get a 1000-1500 watt amp and dont ***** foot around with the upgrade.
I already showed you what 400 watts can do with a real box on some cheapy @ss 60 dollar jbl gt5 subs. But you literally ignored everyone's advice about the box and just did whatever the fk you wanted and had sub par results. If you aren't gonna listen to people who actually know how to get loud and sound good, there's nothing we can do to help you man.
Ok.

Chef bringing the heat.

OP, he is absolutely right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef bringing the heat.
OP, he is absolutely right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm not syaing he's not. But saying X is complete junk without anyone saying why is just doesn't help. (s-o amp)

And I've gathered information from other discussion boards to and the opinions are varying, so I'm going to try what I ordered and we'll see from there, as mentioned previously.

Yeah I'm not syaing he's not. But saying X is complete junk without anyone saying why is just doesn't help. (s-o amp)
And I've gathered information from other discussion boards to and the opinions are varying, so I'm going to try what I ordered and we'll see from there, as mentioned previously.
watch some videos on you tube... sound ordinance stuff is there for target practice... you'll find MTX in some nice setups... Jeez I love watching this thread/threads develop...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.