Options of subs with my Ohm rating

Re-read this thread... that was good advice you got... dont expect much from just buying a new sub and putting it into a sealed box or your junky prefab... on 400 watts no less... you can lead a horse to water.... lol
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/634766-recommended-sub-upgrade.html
I think I'll get a 500 watts amp to. Looking at 4 ohm they expensive so I think I will switch my sub order to get the 4ohm DVC instead.

What is the average price of a 2ohm 500 watts RMS amp? The cheapest I can find on Cruchfield is this one at 160 CAD (125 USD)

I think I'll get a 500 watts amp to. Looking at 4 ohm they expensive so I think I will switch my sub order to get the 4ohm DVC instead.
What is the average price of a 2ohm 500 watts RMS amp? The cheapest I can find on Cruchfield is this one at 160 CAD (125 USD)
Adding 100 watts to your power will barely be noticeable... re-box your current sub or the kicker you ordered and you'll be happy... a sealed box will need power ... that sound ordinance prefab you got is JUNK... sorry... that mtx amp is a lot better than the sound ordinance one you linked... MTX is proven and reliable... even if it is an entry level amp

No I don't have that yet. I'm getting that in my order. I had a falling apart E crappy tire build yourself box kit thing. Which is what the previous guy got with his sub. And it's not ported.
What is this?.. ^^^^^... please explain

Adding 100 watts to your power will barely be noticeable... re-box your current sub or the kicker you ordered and you'll be happy... a sealed box will need power ... that sound ordinance prefab you got is JUNK... sorry... that mtx amp is a lot better than the sound ordinance one you linked... MTX is proven and reliable... even if it is an entry level amp
Even if the amp is also from 2004? And what do ou mean it's crap? What makes it crap exactly?

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

What is this?.. ^^^^^... please explain
It's build yourself E2 box you get at Canadian Tire.

Even if the amp is also from 2004? And what do ou mean it's crap? What makes it crap exactly? 

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

It's build yourself E2 box you get at Canadian Tire.
I didn't see where I typed "crap"... that MTX is a decent amp for what it is.... I'm interested in the box you've got... got a pic?

I'm not sure that going from this....

YVtDNF.jpg

To the sound ordinance is gonna be any type of upgrade... just sayin'

For 250 bones them things ****. Your goverment rips you off?
Sorry what?

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I didn't see where I typed "crap"... that MTX is a decent amp for what it is.... I'm interested in the box you've got... got a pic?
Sorry I was talking about the sound ordnance amp. I figured if I'm getting a 500 watt sub might as well get bigger amp and upgrade an older amp. I got everything for free with the car anyway so.

Sorry don't really have pics. Don't even think they got a website.

Sorry what? 

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Sorry I was talking about the sound ordnance amp. I figured if I'm getting a 500 watt sub might as well get bigger amp and upgrade an older amp. I got everything for free with the car anyway so.

Sorry don't really have pics. Don't even think they got a website.
Alpine s and kicker comps pretty much ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.