Options of subs with my Ohm rating

I'm a bit confused about this

So I have a MTX MXA4002 amp that does

100 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 Ohms

or

200 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 Ohms

or

400 watts RMS x 1 channel (bridged) at 4 Ohms

Now I currently have a 400 watts sub 4 ohm and was lookiing at upgrading but 4 ohm selection isn't big.

What would be recommended. Can I somehow wire a dvc 2 Ohm to make it like, 4 Ohm or how does that all work? Or am I stuck with searching for only 4 Ohm subs, which there isn't a whole lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of music do you listen to, what kind of box do you plan on using and what kind of vehicle do you have?

If you have a sealed box then using a different sub won't be upgrading much of anything. The sound quality might vary between the two but at that power level you won't gain any more output than maybe a few tenths of a decibel which is inaudible.

You can wire a dvc 2 ohm sub to either 4 or 1 ohm.

What kind of music do you listen to, what kind of box do you plan on using and what kind of vehicle do you have?
If you have a sealed box then using a different sub won't be upgrading much of anything. The sound quality might vary between the two but at that power level you won't gain any more output than maybe a few tenths of a decibel which is inaudible.

You can wire a dvc 2 ohm sub to either 4 or 1 ohm.
I listen to Rap, hip hop and EDM like music. I'm about to try a ported and sealed box. It's a 06 tucson hyundai but I'm changing cars soon.

But, anything else wouldn't be better than a 60$ sub. I mean, it the watts all that matter in a sub itself (not talking about enclosure and other), it what I feel like you're saying here.

Oh wow throw that thing in the garbage! When you are starting with a sub that bad then the opportunity is much greater lol.
There are plenty of nice subs to choose from here
Thanks for the link I'm Canada though so selection isn't as good and the price but I'll look at the link for suggestion

If you are wanting to keep the same amp bridged at 4 ohms/400w then look for subs that are dvc 2 ohm or svc 4 ohm.
Oh okok so I could get a 400 watts RMS dual voice coil 2 ohm subwoofer and wire it to 4 Ohms and push 400 watts to it from my amp? This actually opens a lot of option that I didn't knew.

There are plenty of options out there and when you find the right one here is how to wire it:

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.