Opinions on Trunk and Sub Position (Not what you think)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Read the post, not surprised KnuConceptz came in 3rd. They put out awesome stuff for the price. Have their 4 gauge kit in my car (awesome price for what you get). I will probably go with the NVX deadening kit I found online. Good reviews and price. I don't need anything too fancy as I'm only pushing one sealed 12 on 500w
focus your deadening on door, door panel and back deck. the rest is whatever.

Read the post, not surprised KnuConceptz came in 3rd. They put out awesome stuff for the price. Have their 4 gauge kit in my car (awesome price for what you get). I will probably go with the NVX deadening kit I found online. Good reviews and price. I don't need anything too fancy as I'm only pushing one sealed 12 on 500w
For the trunk and rear deck, "great stuff" expanding foam red can works wonders eliminating rattle. Got to be very careful with application, it spreads a lot even a few days after.

You can also try a 4th order blowthrough the ski pass as well with the enclosure.

Thanks for the other tip! If it works no reason to spend $ deadening. In the trunk is SPL increased by adding actual deadening, though? If so then it's worth the money. 20 sq ft should be plenty for getting the trunk lid and where the spare is.

Thanks for the other tip! If it works no reason to spend $ deadening. In the trunk is SPL increased by adding actual deadening, though? If so then it's worth the money. 20 sq ft should be plenty for getting the trunk lid and where the spare is.
look at your trunk and see how hard it is to seal off. if your not sealing off then yea deaden the trunk lid.

Decided to use a DB meter on my phone. Obviously not going to give me the best measurements, but still should give me a general idea. Put it on a 30 Hz tone and got readings of about 80 DB. It definitely hasn't seemed as loud, so this proves it. My Kappa is running off 500w and 2 ohms (unless the guy at the shop switched it over to 4 ohms when he had to fix the wiring job the other guys did). Sealed graph is below: View attachment 26555572

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.