Only one sub working

We will need to know what equipment you have in order to do more than guess at the problem. What subs, what amplifier that you had and what amplifier you just installed. Also what head unit are you using?

I switched my amp out for something with more power, I wired it exactly the same. Im only getting sound out of my left side sub. When I switch my rca cables I only get sound out of the right side sub. HELP
It sounds like one of your RCA cables is not connected or busted. When the sound switched from one sub to the other, that told you both channels and both subs are working.

Yes.. I would Try another set of RCAs. Check the wiring @the subs and inside the box as well to make sure all wiring is secure and @the amplifier as well. check your final Ohm load of the subs to make sure it is acceptable for the final ohm load stability of that amplifier as well with a DMM.

Polarity is not changed when changing RCA's (unless you turn them around and make the signal go from the sub baack to the HU tee-hee, jk) only the source/channel is changed (R/L channel changed). If you wired the subs out of phase (polarity), the overall output might be reduced (Especially if they share the box airspace) but they would both still produce output. I think that's on page 3. ;)

I actually built a Flux capacitor to use before my amplifier...it increased the hertz from subwoofers...next I'll add a Metra adapter to my subwoofer box to increase the the voltage to my subwoofers 🤣🤣🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...