One sub louder than the other?

kdrose23

Hey guys. I just installed my new system and I have a slight problem. My right sub is slightly louder than my left. When I look at the subs playing I can clearly see a difference in the vibrations. I have the two subs connected to a 4 channel amp bridged to run just the subs. I already checked the gain on each channel and they are the same. all connections are correct, I checked them many times. I cant seem to figure out why one sub hits harder than the other. I also only have one set of RCA connections on my head unit, so I have one RCA cable connected to the head unit and on the end connected to the amp, I have it split with two Y splitters (so there are 4 total male ends to plug into the 2 sets of RCAs on the amp) Perhaps these RCAs are the problem? since there is only one set on the head unit which one i front and rear? Any help would be appreciated

check your sub wiring to make sure they have good solid connections.

I had a similar issue one time with a speaker wire barely hanging on the sub box terminal. It caused that sub to have less power/excursion that was very visible.

you said all connections are correct, what about inside the sub box?

Ok so I checked all my wiring and it's all good. But one thing I did notice. When I flipped flopped the subs (put the one from channels 1&2 onto channels 3&4 and vice versa) the opposite sub became the weaker one. So it's not the subs. Channels 1&2 seem to be slightly weaker than 3&4???? Any thoughts on this?

lol why do ppl use 4ch's for subs mannnn...your gainrs are incorrect or you have your wire wrong. check the sub wiring to the box and vice versa

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.