On craigslist looking for sub

Arc is a 2 channel so it will be putting out 1050 bridged @4.
So it can't be used if I wire to 1 ohm?

The HDC3 is sold as either a D1 or D2 which means the following impedance options:
D1 - 0.5ohm or 2ohm

D2 - 1ohm or 4ohm

Assuming it's the D2, you can run it at 1ohm and max out the potential of either sub.

The Alpines are dual 4ohm, so since there's two of them, you can wire them to 1ohm or 4ohm. If you're getting confused, just spend some time searching about wiring configurations.

Long story short, you can go 1 ohm on any of those amps with either choice in sub(s). The Alpines would see 500W each which is still more than enough IMO. The AQ would see all of whatever you throw at it.
Okay so I can run a single HC at 1 ohm. If I go with the bridged arc 2 channel witch will be putting 1050 at 4 ohms..

How much RMS will it see at 1?

Im leaning towards the HC more, since the alpines don't come with a box and I thought the seller of the HC said he had a custom box, if im not mistaken.

For once, I have to kinda disagree. You really think that Quart does 1k?
yes 100 amp fuses i dont have exp with the new ones but did own the older dsc series. 2 years ago they were the forum boner amazing amps on the budget did rated plus. think their were a couple clamps around here somewhere

MB Quart DSC1000 1 2yr WARNTY New Amp Car Mono 1 Channel 1000W RMS Amplifier 011120381252 | eBay

i personally would buy the dsc on a budget any day for 150 under new. prob the best 1k on the market

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/448330-one-mb-quart-2000-1d-aq2200d.html

at one point people were debating the dsc and audioque lol

[quote name='mclerico83']yes 100 amp fuses i dont have exp with the new ones but did own the older dsc series. 2 years ago they were the forum boner amazing amps on the budget did rated plus. think their were a couple clamps around here somewhere

MB Quart DSC1000 1 2yr WARNTY New Amp Car Mono 1 Channel 1000W RMS Amplifier 011120381252 | eBay

i personally would buy the dsc on a budget any day for 150 under new. prob the best 1k on the market[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Discus were bomb, but the FX/ONYX stuff is nowhere close to the same standard. That Cadence ZRS is a solid choice and I know @its10v1 ; is running one of those on two SA-8s with plenty of clean output to show for it.

OP, I'm not sure that Arc is 1-ohm stable, but it's preferable to run that much power at 4ohms anyway as it's gentler on your car's electrical system. My order of preference in amp choices of the three I gave you would be the Arc, then the SS, then the USAmps.

[quote name='neo_styles']Yes, the Discus were bomb, but the FX/ONYX stuff is nowhere close to the same standard. That Cadence ZRS is a solid choice and I know @its10v1 ; is running one of those on two SA-8s with plenty of clean output to show for it.

OP, I'm not sure that Arc is 1-ohm stable, but it's preferable to run that much power at 4ohms anyway as it's gentler on your car's electrical system. My order of preference in amp choices of the three I gave you would be the Arc, then the SS, then the USAmps.[/QUOTE]

Okay if I run the ARC at 4 ohms.. And the HC at 4.. will it still be a decent hard bass? Even though it is not wired to 1?

Also the ARC seller lives in MN like wise so I think it will be easy to come to a deal

Gimmie $380 for my two custom sundown SA12's so I can upgrade to 18's. Semi local and you can hear em first when I put em back in after the weather picks up over -0f

[quote name='neo_styles']Yes, the Discus were bomb, but the FX/ONYX stuff is nowhere close to the same standard. That Cadence ZRS is a solid choice and I know @its10v1 ; is running one of those on two SA-8s with plenty of clean output to show for it.

OP, I'm not sure that Arc is 1-ohm stable, but it's preferable to run that much power at 4ohms anyway as it's gentler on your car's electrical system. My order of preference in amp choices of the three I gave you would be the Arc, then the SS, then the USAmps.[/QUOTE]

but i was sugg it compared to the audiopipe if someone said choose ap or mb i pick mb for a 120 dollar amp.

Gimmie $380 for my two custom sundown SA12's so I can upgrade to 18's. Semi local and you can hear em first when I put em back in after the weather picks up over -0f
Is this box included? And are SUNDOWN better than the TYPE r's and or the HC?

You are asking for a lot more money, so im wondering if they are top of the line quality or something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.