On craigslist looking for sub

Okay if I run the ARC at 4 ohms.. And the HC at 4.. will it still be a decent hard bass? Even though it is not wired to 1?
Also the ARC seller lives in MN like wise so I think it will be easy to come to a deal
The quality of bass isn't going to change across impedances. 1K at 4ohms will still sound like 1K at 1 ohm (some SQ nuts will say the THD specs go up as impedance goes down, but it's a moot point for this argument). The reason you see people doing 1K at 1ohm vice 4 is because normally only very expensive amps can do that much at 4ohms, hence why I say the Zapco's the winner of the bunch.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

but i was sugg it compared to the audiopipe if someone said choose ap or mb i pick mb for a 120 dollar amp.
Oh definitely. I'd still pick lots of stuff over the MB FX series, though.

PM me if I can help you more, @darron016. Gotta go hit the sack now. Wife is calling...

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Oh okay ^ I thought lower ohms means louder bass etc, and yeah your losing me with the THD acronyms, zapco? Thought u suggested arc as number 1
Ack, yes I meant Arc. Tired. And THD = Total Harmonic Distortion

About a year or so maybe, I have several ported and sealed boxes for 12's

This was my setup this summer right after having a 32hz box built

20120402_132812.jpg

When you decide on an amp... and zapco is excellent, match your subs to run at the ohm load your vehicle as well as amp can handle. It will strain your electrical more or less depending on the final impedence you run. In a perfect world your ohm load wouldn't change and your electrical wouldn't be stressed...but, when playing music your impedence fluctuates. The ohm load your amp can handle is...what it can handle consistently. It may or may not be able to handle a different impedence based on your electrical and the amp itself.

When looking at a sub, or subs... don't JUST go by the rms rating, take into consideration the box size you'll need and if you can comfortably fit that, the sensitivity, etc. A lot goes into building a system that sounds good and not pieced together by some kid who ran into walmart and bought a kit. Keep that in mind.

arc is also good... just read some other posts.

Before you run any of this, since you're talking 1k+ you need to consider electrical upgrades as well. Not sure what kind of vehicle you have but if you're running that much power a big 3 upgrade and maybe a batt or 2 would be something to think about. The last thing you want is to kill your alt.

1k is fine (to an extent) on stock electrical, Idk what this ^ Guy's talking about.

Anything over 1k should do big 3 and a bat upgrade.

It would be sweet **** if you were able to do big 3 so your not killing your amps die to low voltage.

(Speaking from experience..) Your alt will be the last thing to go, your bat /amps will be more likely to go first.

Just to clarify, neo_styles said I was running my Cadence ZRS C5 on my SA-8's. I was merely doing this for testing, not as a permanent setup. Thanks for the mention.

op i would try an pick the sundowns up if possible i have two 15s of those sundowns on a cescendo 3kwp an they take it all day long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if not go with the HC you will be happy an have a quality sub. also i agree with neo on the amp choices he reccomended.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.