On craigslist looking for sub

What amp do you have now op? Are u planning on upgrading it?
Treo amp idk the model number..

I have it bridged now, at approx 280 RMS per sub.. But honestly I been messing with the lows on the HU and I don't know how many watts i'm getting.

Someone sold me the amp on here and gave me the wrongs specs..

Yes, I want to upgrade subs and amp.. Tax season is around the corner, and I can use the money I get from selling my current amp and subs/box, put that towards a new amp/sub

LOL that is what I want.
Just keep in mind regardless of which of those two options you chose, that amp needs to be upgraded. 250W does fine for a SQ setup, but to get the kind of bass you want, you need to go closer to 1-2k. Just keep watching the classifieds. I know there's an OS Arc 1k up there now (think it belongs to radwilsons) and someone else still has their OS Planet Audio monoblock. Both of those would do extremely well for either choice in sub(s)

Treo amp idk the model number..I have it bridged now, at approx 280 RMS per sub.. But honestly I been messing with the lows on the HU and I don't know how many watts i'm getting.

Someone sold me the amp on here and gave me the wrongs specs..

Yes, I want to upgrade subs and amp.. Tax season is around the corner, and I can use the money I get from selling my current amp and subs/box, put that towards a new amp/sub
Gotcha. Yeah that AQ sub mentioned in a custom box would crush what you have now. Also those type r's would be great too if you really want 2 subs. You cant go wrong either way.

View attachment 26539337

Same guy, what about this amp? Or is this crap too? He is asking $120

I quote

"1500 watt mono block Audio Pipe amp, this amp will push any sub to its limits and has alot of power, only used as long as the 15" sub. Also purchased new at the same time as 15" sub and i paid 250 so also a good deal. $120"

That's close to what they go new. Balk and find something else. It won't do rated power without severe clipping
lol **** really? Have you experienced this amp? How much RMS can it do top without clipping? Im going to offer him $70 for the amp, if he rejects I will look.

lol **** really? Have you experienced this amp? How much RMS can it do top without clipping? Im going to offer him $70 for the amp, if he rejects I will look.
Bud, I'm saying it's not even worth the 70. I'd raise the budget for the amp a smidge and get something you won't need to replace in a year. Those APs are inefficient and will take way too much out of your electrical.

So the arc is ~ 1000 @ 4 so at 2 ohms it will be at 2000?

Meaning If I get two type R, I can put 1000 to each sub?

I have checked out each thread, the soundstream said something along the lines of 1700 at 1 ohms.. But how does that transfer to two subs wired at 2 ohms..OR the HC at 4 ohms? Could you explain how much RMS I could get out of each sub with each amp?

The HDC3 is sold as either a D1 or D2 which means the following impedance options:

D1 - 0.5ohm or 2ohm

D2 - 1ohm or 4ohm

Assuming it's the D2, you can run it at 1ohm and max out the potential of either sub.

The Alpines are dual 4ohm, so since there's two of them, you can wire them to 1ohm or 4ohm. If you're getting confused, just spend some time searching about wiring configurations.

Long story short, you can go 1 ohm on any of those amps with either choice in sub(s). The Alpines would see 500W each which is still more than enough IMO. The AQ would see all of whatever you throw at it.

Did some research, the Arc is actually a 2-channel, so that 1k is at 4 ohms. Either sub can still work for that situation (as long as the HDC isn't a D1). The SS and USAmps will do what they say and probably even more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.