Old dude needing design help

glennw40

oklahoma
I'm a moderate dummy on what will work with my 69 Cougar .

I have a kicker KX350.4 amp currently hooked to my rear speakers and a 15" Solo-baric. I'm thinking I need a Mono amp to use for the sub so I can use the 4 channel for just the rear and currently unattached fronts. To stay within my "vintage" setup what is a good add on to get this done?

Regards,

Cougar Guy

I'm a moderate dummy on what will work with my 69 Cougar .I have a kicker KX350.4 amp currently hooked to my rear speakers and a 15" Solo-baric. I'm thinking I need a Mono amp to use for the sub so I can use the 4 channel for just the rear and currently unattached fronts. To stay within my "vintage" setup what is a good add on to get this done?

Regards,

Cougar Guy
I do a lot of classic car systems and have a nice one in my 73 Mustang Convertible..I’ve always liked the Cougars ..I was just trying to figure out what sort of sound do you like ? Wiring up all your sound behind you takes away from any sound quality unless your just wanting to make it loud ..Do you already have a box that fits your trunk for the 15 ?

The 15 is enclosed . I fit what I got from my son but

am willing to change things around. I do what a balanced sound with a fair amount of thump. So having the front pods on line is imperative. if adding another amp is the solution then what kind? I didn't post a pic because I don't have a URL for the photo

gg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 15 is enclosed . I fit what I got from my son butam willing to change things around. I do what a balanced sound with a fair amount of thump. So having the front pods on line is imperative. if adding anot her amp is the solution then what kind? I'don't post a pic but I don't have a URL for the photo

gg
Is it the round or square solobaric 15 ? I have one of the original round ones

We need to know precisely which model kicker sub you have to give good advice here. They have been selling "solo baric" for 25 years or more now. More info can be gained from looking at the arse end of the sub. Kicker still makes decent and very reliable amps so assuming you have no other limitations I'd say just stick with whichever of their offerings is the appropriate match for your woofer.

Also, figure out how to post some pictures so we can see your classic Cougar.

Regarding the type of Sub. First, My mistake it's a 12 inch. I'm trying to insert a pic. I did get it in the gallery though

Regards, Glenn

solobaric.jpg

Regarding the type of Sub. First, My mistake it's a 12 inch. I'm trying to insert a pic. I did get it in the gallery though
Regards, Glenn

solobaric.jpg
The 12 is probably way better for your application..I’m trying to read the magnet to see if it’s an L5 or L7 and which ohm ..on my phone it’s hard to tell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.