Nova Build Log

flooding set your floats on your holley
did that checked them three times when i was working on her yesterday and the mixture screws are out 1 1/2 i had them at 2 1/4 and it was running rich i played around with the idle dint make a diff

holley are very sensitive to idle mixture,at the most 3/4 out from snug bottom is the most.

also your idle (air/fuel)circuit is over and done by 800-1000 rpm then your primary kicks in,it should be a smooth transition with no lag

id re route the fuel line, when the car gets hot it can vaporlock and make it near impossible to start. reroute it away from the engine and inside the frame rail away from exhaust manifolds or headers.

also where are your butterfly in conjunction with your transition slots.should look like a tiny square,those need to be set b4 you put carb on then idle then fuel mixture
i have no idea what your talking about?

id re route the fuel line, when the car gets hot it can vaporlock and make it near impossible to start. reroute it away from the engine and inside the frame rail away from exhaust manifolds or headers.
it has a problem starting when it hasnt been started but once i get it started its ok it will start right back up after a couple mins but when i turn it off fuel will trickel down into the carb i can hear it when the air cleaner is off idk whats wrong with it weather it needz a rebuild or what i was also thinking maybe my fuel pump on my engine is meesing up as its old maybe thats why my car will go to dye is it not getting fuel to it?

i put the fan shroud back on because when it starts to get at like 180-190 it starts to shut off when i stop.

put the fan shroud on and cleaned the wires up a little put some extra wire clamps on em so it looks a little better

BEFORE

0612081248.jpg

AFTER

0613081608.jpg

well i sold the carb waaaaaaay to big for my engine it was flooding my engine out so i put the smaller one on and with the money imna paint my rims either stright black or black and yellow any sudgestions?

the only thing thats wrong is the tranny but it still drives i just cant race it but i dont really care bout that and i only got bout 56 bucks after buying some shirst i still gotta get my hair cut so thats bout 12 bucks so ill only have 44 bucks idk i probly could find a used 4 channel off craigslist and get my vocals loud as **** again

well i sold the carb waaaaaaay to big for my engine it was flooding my engine out so i put the smaller one on and with the money imna paint my rims either stright black or black and yellow any sudgestions?
Dont paint the rims! I think it would look fugly with black or black and yellow wheels. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

the only thing thats wrong is the tranny but it still drives i just cant race it but i dont really care bout that and i only got bout 56 bucks after buying some shirst i still gotta get my hair cut so thats bout 12 bucks so ill only have 44 bucks idk i probly could find a used 4 channel off craigslist and get my vocals loud as **** again
Start saving up for that tranny //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

with that money and welding wire you could get your name out of my sig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

BTW hell of a car man, looks great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.