Nova Build Log

well im out for the night imna be putting the new engine in tomorrow morning:D so ill get pics up of it out and then when i get it in.

well me and my unkle got the engine in today and it sure was a pain in the A$$ wen trying to change the motor mounts we found out that the nuts wernt welded into the fram for the bolts so after about an hour of messing with it we had to take the lower control arms off to change them then after that we put the finishing touches onto the motor and we droped it in took like 20 mins but it was kind of smooth and we got the starter, exhuast manifolds, intake and tranny hooked into it so all thats left is the front end pullys, connect the pipes to manifolds, fill it with oil, prime it, start it, and adjust the valves then ill be good to go and i cant wait till this motor breaks in so i can take it to the track to see what it runs it should be pretty quick basicly same motor as my last except it has the high lift comp cam in it but hopfully ill know soon if not this week ill get it started this sat and well see how it sounds.

my computer is messed up so i cant get on photobucket to get better pics up so ill have to load it through here for now so here you go...

put some headers on the bish
im planing to but i gotta get a job first so i can get the money to redo the exhuast system imna get some hooker headers, flowmaster super 44s, and some dual exhuast tips that are shaped as the chevy emblem so it should sound mean in the futur

please dont get those chevy tips.
im not gonna get them because i looked them up on line to see how much everything would be and they dont come any bigger either 2 1/2 or it was 2 3/4 i dont remember but i wanna get 3 1/2 or 4" pipes to get it soundin meaner

im planing to but i gotta get a job first so i can get the money to redo the exhuast system imna get some hooker headers, flowmaster super 44s, and some dual exhuast tips that are shaped as the chevy emblem so it should sound mean in the futur
**** those Chevy tips, I just cut them off my truck. they were on it when i got it and they assclown silly. I went with a pair of 4" chrome tips, and a flowmaster muffler.

**** those Chevy tips, I just cut them off my truck. they were on it when i got it and they assclown silly. I went with a pair of 4" chrome tips, and a flowmaster muffler.
on my way to school i saw a boo boo regal with those tips it looks ****in stupid when there under the car i guess everything does look better in the stores

well since the old bolt i had for the harmonic balancer wont fit into my new engine i went to Auto Zone to get a new one and the guy tells me they dont have one that i would have to go the the Chevy dealer for it im thinking WTF go to the dealer for a 76 350 would they even have that part there?

You can get that bolt easily. I forget what length and thread size/pitch it is. I got one from summit from Mr. Gasket I think.
thats what i figured i was going to try checkers tomorrow after i get outta school if then id have to see about online i need to get it before this sat so i can get the engine put back together and started so i can run it and get it broken in but ill try summit right now i forgot about them thanks man.

auto zones soo gay i looked on summit and they had it and i went on auto zone.com and put in the item number and they have it it wasnt at the one by my house but they should have told me that they had it ****in ********

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.