Nova Build Log

well i recently found out i need a new carb and it ***** for 3 reasons

1. it has trouble starting now because theres no fuel getting into the carb on start up so i have to mash the pedal down sometimes

2. it lost a hell ov alot of performance in mid and high range where it had improved from my old engine

and 3. im ****ing broke

so idk what im going to do my birthday is in 8 days so i might have to see how much i get from that if any and try and buy a new or used one or just buy a rebuild kit but i really want a Holly Double Pumper on dat *****

well this ***** @$$ i changed the vacume modulator on my TH350 and it still wont shift out of first guys at auto zone said it might be a problem with the gears or belts on the inside so i gotta take it to aamco tomorrow morning to have them check it **** i hope i dont have to buy a new ****ing tranny.
Did you just install the engine and trans ? Sounds like the converter wasn't installed correctly and blew out the front pump of the trans .

Did you just install the engine and trans ? Sounds like the converter wasn't installed correctly and blew out the front pump of the trans .
it was this little gear in the rear of the tranny on the tail i took off this little plate and took this long peice out with a gear on the end of it and the gear was torn to **** idk what it was called but i replaced it and its working perfect now

it was this little gear in the rear of the tranny on the tail i took off this little plate and took this long peice out with a gear on the end of it and the gear was torn to **** idk what it was called but i replaced it and its working perfect now
That good...glad you got it taken care of .

thats called the govenor! and i think the motor looks ok, but u shoulda kept your intake aluminum and u need to do somehting wiht your wire set, its looks bad with the wires all over the place.

and heres a little something for you to drool over

this is my 383 stroker in my 78malibu. its in and around the area of 470Hp and 500ft lbs of torque.

252649845.jpg

well i recently found out i need a new carb and it ***** for 3 reasons1. it has trouble starting now because theres no fuel getting into the carb on start up so i have to mash the pedal down sometimes

2. it lost a hell ov alot of performance in mid and high range where it had improved from my old engine

and 3. im ****ing broke

so idk what im going to do my birthday is in 8 days so i might have to see how much i get from that if any and try and buy a new or used one or just buy a rebuild kit but i really want a Holly Double Pumper on dat *****
You may just have a vacuum hose disconnected. Check the hose that goes from the distributor to the carb

few guys I know that race all run Holley Dominators and ALL say the same ****...rebuild every 3 months, or get an Edelbrock.

ahhhh, a dom realy isnt a street carb, it is an all out race carb. and i would run any other carb BUT a holley. ive had mine for 4 years now, and ive yet to touch it in the last 3.9 years.

**** thats a nice 383 im hoping to get somthing like that or a 400sb in her in a couple of years and once i get a job imna be getting a new distributor and wires and clean them up also planing on getting a painless wire kit for her.

and its not th vacume line that was the first thing i checked and there all conected the carbs just really old and with they way the old guy took care of the car so badly im sure he dint take care of any parts on the engine very well.

what evar happened to this?

you ever get into the audio or are you still working out the kinks under the hood?

still waiting to see what you decide to do for sound

hopfully just worked out the last kink under the hood got a Rebuilt Holly Double Pumper on today with a chrome dual feed fuel line and a chrome 1" wide open spacer sounds good and is alot faster than before i think im loosing pressure somewere thought but not for sure i dont see any leaks but imna check the plugs tomorrow morning that could be the problem ill have pics of the engine tomorrow morning as well..... still dont know what imna do for audio wise right now as im STILL trying to look for another job but the first thing imna be looking into is a better deck, vocal amp, and inside speakers

well here are the pics as promised i got everything on and working with a new fram 14x4 air filter but for some reason now after im driving it for awhile when i broke all the way or just let off the gas it will start to die and when i go to start it up i have to press the gas down all the way or else ill be sitting there cranking it over for a min idk if its because its getting hot or what?

0612081234.jpg

0612081248.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.