Not impressed with Sundown x-15v2, I hope its settings...Help and opinions needed

Thanks for all the help thus far......I know I was giving up cone area, but most shops in my area stated one 15 in the right box would be most likely better than the 2 I had in the smaller box. So I figured 2 15 at 2000 watts vs this X 15 at about 2500 watts I'd still be pleased because "more watts". With my power levels I'm not going to say its the sub just yet, maybe my power. As stated tho amp, alt are on the way and 2nd battery will be added also.
That's the key... you'll need to double your power to get it to come alive... just wait... 3K will help... your 2V deck tho... back in the day I used a preamp/line driver to make up for low signal... most quality HU's have a 4V signal today so the Preamp/EQ is not needed and it's cleaner signal that way

Thanks for all the help thus far......I know I was giving up cone area, but most shops in my area stated one 15 in the right box would be most likely better than the 2 I had in the smaller box(really that box is the size for one of the skar 15s recommendations) . So I figured 2 15 at 2000 watts vs this X 15 at about 2500 watts I'd still be pleased because "more watts". With my power levels I'm not going to say its the sub just yet, maybe my power. As stated tho amp, alt are on the way and 2nd battery will be added also.
The Skars were supposed to be 32hz also, but I have no clue what that prefab box was tuned to. If the X doesn't work out guess I'll sell it and go another route, but at least everything else power wise will be already done.
if its a pre-fab its 40hz. Have you tried switching between rear and sub for the sub out? For pure loudness I'd go with soundqubed hdc4s over the Xs. They cost relatively the same.

That's the key... you'll need to double your power to get it to come alive... just wait... 3K will help... your 2V deck tho... back in the day I used a preamp/line driver to make up for low signal... most quality HU's have a 4V signal today so the Preamp/EQ is not needed and it's cleaner signal that way
Guess I need to change that also? HU...

Guess I need to change that also? HU...
if the orion amp comes and you still have to set the gain overly high then yeah a head unit swap is due. Some people gained output with head unit swaps because the old head unit's signal was way too weak and they cant reach proper power output with gain settings.

Thanks for all the help thus far......I know I was giving up cone area, but most shops in my area stated one 15 in the right box would be most likely better than the 2 I had in the smaller box(really that box is the size for one of the skar 15s recommendations) . So I figured 2 15 at 2000 watts vs this X 15 at about 2500 watts I'd still be pleased because "more watts". With my power levels I'm not going to say its the sub just yet, maybe my power. As stated tho amp, alt are on the way and 2nd battery will be added also.
The Skars were supposed to be 32hz also, but I have no clue what that prefab box was tuned to. If the X doesn't work out guess I'll sell it and go another route, but at least everything else power wise will be already done.

Jeff's correct... if the Skars were in a prefab?.. no telling what the actual tune was...

if its a pre-fab its 40hz. Have you tried switching between rear and sub for the sub out? For pure loudness I'd go with soundqubed hdc4s over the Xs. They cost relatively the same.
I haven't tried switching from rear and sub out. From the vidoes only difference is you get the sub settings to show up.

Wow....Most HU come with that setting. A higher end HU will come with 3 sets of pre outs and higher voltage (4-5 volts) RCA;s too. Back then it used to be 2 because of noise interference.

Wow....Most HU come with that setting. A higher end HU will come with 3 sets of pre outs and higher voltage (4-5 volts) RCA;s too. Back then it used to be 2 because of noise interference.
Most cd playes I've own far as settings wise only had bass, treble, fade, balance, loud, and eq that doesn't feature a custom just pre-set. Only have had two that actually featured Subwoofer settings.......yeah I know right, thats why I asked

Most cd playes I've own far as settings wise only had bass, treble, fade, balance, loud, and eq that doesn't feature a custom just pre-set. Only have had two that actually featured Subwoofer settings.......yeah I know right, thats why I asked
You need to spend more $$ on a good one. A cheapie one won't have all those options except the one that Jeff mentioned for 80 bucks. Most...again MOST HU's will have basic settings. Spend the $$ will get you a higher quality Hu with more settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.