newbie speaker install help please

Participant count
  • Participant list
just a heads up, idk what year your fx is but they don't make a dash kit for my 2004. no stereo store would touch it, so i did it myself and put a single din where the tape player was. the circuit board had to be cut but only the part that controls the tape player. ive seen some people who replace the orange screen near the dash with a double din.
Yeah it has the integrated climate control crap but just looks ugly. How do you like fx35 and how long have you had it?

Yeah it has the integrated climate control crap but just looks ugly. How do you like fx35 and how long have you had it?
ive had it for a year or so, don't plan on selling it any time soon. everybody thinks its like a 2012 or newer car lol. love the looks, love the flowmaster i put on it lol. limo tinting it next week, gonna black out rims as well. only thing i wish for is if it was the awd v8 version. although the v6 has PLENTY of power.

Run all new speaker wire. It's not too bad just a little time consuming.
so ive been watching videos of stereo installs. if I'm not using stock wires, then at the back of my new head unit ill only need positive, ground, constant, and possibly illumination wires hooked up correct? and then its rca out to the amp, then new speaker wire from amp to my crossovers then speakers? is this correct? and how about wires for the amp? i will need power and ground(4 gauge?), remote turn on(16 gauge?) and speaker wire(16 gauge?)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will run power wire from the battery to the amp (fuse it near the battery). Then a short ground from the amp to bare metal under your seat. For the amp to "work" you'll need remote turn on and rca's. The power, ground, illumination wires are for the head unit so you should already have that hooked up.

I would use 14-16 for speaker wire and just use whatever you have left for the remote wire.

Hey can someone help me with my sub amp and subs install. I think I got the wrong subs. If I have a 3000 rms mono amp and I have 2 1500 rms dual voice coil 1 ohm subs......How do I wire these at 1 ohm impedance?

ok maybe i didn't screw up. i just don't get the whole ohms ratings. but i forgot @Jeffdachef supplied me with this photo below. so i can hook up two 1 ohm subs to a mono amp and get a 1 ohm stable impedance? also since i will be using 0 gauge power and ground for my sub amp, should i just also use 0 gauge for the soundstream 900.4? no need to order different size wires correct? unless the soundstream cant fit 0 gauge.

PDUzult.png

just wire exactly like how the diagram shows man.
BTW The soundstream comes with 0 gauge input terminals so you can easily fit 0 gauge no problem.
0 gauge ofc is on its way. call me stupid, but I'm staring at that top diagram and to me it looks like that each sub has two positives and two negatives? they just have one each per sub correct? sorry that I'm confused on something that i shouldn't be, just cant picture exactly what I'm supposed to do with that 2D picture :)

0 gauge ofc is on its way. call me stupid, but I'm staring at that top diagram and to me it looks like that each sub has two positives and two negatives? they just have one each per sub correct? sorry that I'm confused on something that i shouldn't be, just cant picture exactly what I'm supposed to do with that 2D picture :)
dual voice coil means each sub has a pair of negatives and a pair of positives. have a wire jumped to one of the pos and negatives of each sub then with the remaining positive and negatives, wire them to the amp's pos and negative.

single voice coil means one neg and one pos

dual voice coil means each sub has a pair of negatives and a pair of positives. have a wire jump one of the pos and negatives of each sub then with the remaining positive and negatives, wire them to the amp's pos and negative.
single voice coil means one neg and one pos
ahhh ok, everything makes since now lol. do you use welding cable by chance? or just cable that is marketed for audio.

EB flex welding cable. Just as flexible as car audio cable but way better quality copper and way cheaper.
is welding cable a little smaller than audio cable? someone said if I'm looking for 1/0 audio cable i should get 2/0 welding. my system will theoretically push 300 amps so i want to make sure i get the right size.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.