New to car audio need to know if these items work well together

Ok so I own a 2011 dodge ram 1500. It came with a factory head unit and factory alpine speaker system. I'm keeping the whole system and just adding these items to get it thumping. But I'm not sure what to get. So I did some research and this is what I came up with....

One 2600 soundstream turantula amp

One 10" Orion hcca 2omhs I built the box for it

One 1000 soundstream capcell

And a lanzar 0g amp kit

I want to know if this will be all I need or do I need other things. So ya can anyone please help me to figure all this out. Thanks.

drop the cap, drop the lanzar kit.

And you do know that HCCA will not sound very musical its a SPL sub

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I just wouldnt recommend soundstream at all

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

considering he has it all i dont think thats an option.. yeah u should be fine with everything you have as long as you know how to wire it all ...the cap doesnt really serve a purpose but to each its own you would have been better off buyin an agm battery.

if u didnt buy this all yet let us know we can put u in a different direction

I have not bought the items yet. I have never hooked up car audio ever. Not sure if I'm gonna attempt to try wiring myself or get a pro to do it. SPL??? Not entirely sure what means! But I'm looking for bass that u can hear a block away and clear. I don't like distortion at all. And if my system sounds good I may try out some competitions see what happens. My friend says I am getting the right stuff but it's user preference most say. Now I thought the capcell was a battery and cap... I'm up for suggestions. I just don't wanna be dropping $1400 and not be pleased with my choice. I have watched many videos on the hcca Orion and it all seems good to me. And how do u mean musical sounding? I live in Edmonton AB and I wanna be the loudest around or right up there.

SPL is loudness, SQL is sound quality.

If a sub is SPL based, it is meant to just get loud and not worry about SQ. Kickers for instant are SPL subs, they get loud but sound like **** when doing it.

By musical sounding, he means sounding good playing music. SPL subs don't normally sound too good playing music since they're designed for competing and playing burps.

And I don't know who all has systems in your area, but it's probably gonna take a lot more than a single 10 and 1000 watts to be the loudest around.

Ok so I want a bit of both for spl SQL. In a few months I will be upgrading the factory speakers to whatever it is I need to get. Just want the bass first and work my way up. I shop at Onlinecarstereo. So do I get a batterie or capcell and what amps. I won't be pushing the sub to the max until I get the better speakers. I just know that in the end I'm prob gonna put $3000-5000 into my truck for audio.

ya drop the HCCA, there are plenty of good subs that get loud but sound way better than the orion. Just do some more research on the forums here and read up a bit before you buy. also do you only want one sub and only a 10?

just because some people think that it is purely an SPL sub doesn't mean it is. he can make it sound good. my friend has one and it sounds fine.

What's wrong with soundstream? Their rubicon line is solid

My friend has been building sub boxes for 15 years and says the way he makes it will make the one ten Orion thump lots and be crystal clear. Says people will think I have two 15"s. He claims also that it will be clear quality sound. No one seems to really agree with much. I think I'm gonna stick with Orion and soundstream unless I get some better answers. A HO alternator may cost too much I'm not sure. I really need to know with the items I picked if I have enough power. Safely lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.