New to car audio need to know if these items work well together

He should have a 160A alternator.
Good call. I didn't actually look up what his stock alt was, but 160 should work all his stuff fine.

Screw the cap and as long as your battery is in good working order, you don't need a new one. Also the only time you need extra batteries is if you want to run your system with the car off. So if you only plan on playing the stereo with the car running, don't waste your time or money on extra batteries.

As for the amp and sub, if you like them that's all that matter. I'm sure they'll be fine. You could spend the rest of this year collecting opinions on these forums and still not get everyone to agree. People have their preferences. And remember when it comes to subs, it's 30% the sub and 70% enclosure. Meaning, if your buddy does know what he's talking about and builds an enclosure specifically for that sub, then it will be good.

Ok so I'm getting the soundstream amp 2600 turantula. And I'm up for suggestions for a sub. But I really like the Orion hcca 10" 2ohms. So I'm lost as what to get for batterie or capcell. And what Gage of wire kit and brand name. And what kind of rc cable wire kit should I get. Oh and my box we made is a bandpass box. Totally appreciate everyone's addvise.

Ok so I'm getting the soundstream amp 2600 turantula. And I'm up for suggestions for a sub. But I really like the Orion hcca 10" 2ohms. So I'm lost as what to get for batterie or capcell. And what Gage of wire kit and brand name. And what kind of rc cable wire kit should I get. Oh and my box we made is a bandpass box. Totally appreciate everyone's addvise.
Since you already made a box for the HCCA, just use it. As for the amp kit, WoofersEtc says that your amp calls for 4 gauge, but I don't see how that would work. Look here, and once you figure out what gauge wire, pick it out and buy it. Amp Installation Kits

About the battery/capcell thing, I'd get a battery. As for which brand, and size, everyone has their preferences. Some say XS Power, while some say Deka Intimidator. Others yet say Kinetic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.