new sub ideas

Casey Harmon
10+ year member

New York
well i sold my old system and now i have my new amp that i bought im looking to get subs i have around 500 to spend so i was looking around at 2 15 type r's, 3 or 4 12' type r's re 12's or 15's dd jl audio i think im going to go with 3 or 4 type r's i think thats the best i can get for around 500 but i was wanting ideas on subs i want it to hit hard and get good numbers but be a good daily set up.

From all I've heard, Rs aren't too keen on lows, so if you plan on listening to any Decaf, slowed or otherwise low peaking music other options may better suit you. If you want to hurt people in the upper 30s to mid 40s(hz) then 4 R 12s would be a great build.

How much power do you actually have? That might also help us better guide you.

its a db 2000.1 amp doing big 3 upgrade with 0g under the hood going to get yellow or red top battery and 4 g to the amp what ever battery is better i will get this amp will power them im not looking to beat or flex like crazy on them just hit good so it should be good with 4 12's u think

and another question my amp has two power and ground hookups it works off one whats the other one for more power runing another amp or what

Does that amp take 1/0 gauge wiring? if not then i would run a run of 1 gauge knu wire to a distro block then two 4 gauge to both of the amps places for power wires then ground them both.

i was thinking of getting a cap do u think it is better or no

i can run two wires off the cap to power it

or without

run a one to two line distrabution box to the amp not having a cap

i want to run 0g but it will not fit under my trim and i dont want to run it under my truck or anything because it is low and dont want to have it get messed up

so 4 to 4 and i think my amps 4g input

right now im running 8g and it dose not have enough power and turns off so when i get every thing hooked up i can use the amp to full power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.