New Stereo Integrity Mag / BM Proto Pictures!

IMG_9388.jpg
looks like a cheap 8 dollar basket from china
see, this is what irks me, people claim to want something different than the 12 spoke design, but when somebody steps out of the box and its not what there used to seeing its ugly/cheap/chinese

Looks like lilmaniac is sponsored by sundowns/stereo integrity.. maybe is it because they live on same state or city and talk to each other frequenly and became close friends??? or maybe he is sponsored with discounts for sundowns gear or maybe hes a competitor for sundowns...ummm...

but it seems that he will bump for anything that sundowns/stereo integrity makes no matter if its good or bad...

no ofensse but you all know is the true

and about the basket.....

yes people often want something different from a 12 spoke design... they want something like the id max basket/Re audio 07 xxx/kicker solo x/pg ti/alpine type x some baskets of that nature that can make you keep looking at the subwoofer for 1 hour even from 10 feet away.. those baskets is what people want.. no pyle/pyramid derivated chinesse baskets...

to me the mag doesn't look to appealing or great looking to me looks kinda ugly i see it and it remebers me konaki... yes some of you will say

"but the basket might be but the actual subwoofer playing will tell how the sub will perform not the basket"..yeah most of you will say that but to me looks like a downgraded motor version of the current mag justsmaller and wrapped with a basket to make it look beefier and badder wich in real life will not be.

what a great sub the mag was.. but with the new models... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

RIP

SI Mag

just my

$0.02 cents

how can you determine the mag is dead without even hearing it.

And I am good friends with the owners of both companies because of our close geographic location, would you rather me not post my experiences with the equipment?

also you say ill bump anything for sundown/si good or bad, please show me one product that Sundown or Si has came out with that was a bad product, please. I support companies who produce a quality product, and back it up with excellent customer service.

I in fact am employed by a COMPETITING subwoofer manufacturer, so how would me hyping up a product for either company help me out?

Can someone tell me which basket SI should have used? Should they have dropped a bunch of money on custom tooling?

Even your precious 12 spoke is, more or less, a cheap Chinese basket.

The TC basket is proprietary; as I understood it, GZ was using it without authorization and TC wasted a bunch of money trying to go after that buildhouse. That basket is worth something, too.

how can you determine the mag is dead without even hearing it.
And I am good friends with the owners of both companies because of our close geographic location, would you rather me not post my experiences with the equipment?

the sub might perform really good but i dont think will surpass the current generation.... plus that looks will make customers buy other brands...

like for example will you take that bm or a jl audio tw5???

personally i will take the tw5

or

will you take that mag or a rd alpha??? lets make it easier an rd sonance?? or maybe a dc audio lv 5?? but if we are talking to true sq that mag vs a rl-s??? will you take the mag over all these choices??? all these models cost around equally and their class is fairly comparable.

no ofensse or nothing i know your close friends well thats ok is not of my business but sometimes looks can kill and you know it. so if their going with cheap chinesse imitations maybe a true chinesse subwoofer that can put the pyles or legacys that uses the same basket to shame... who knows.

I guess I am the only one who only sees the basket the time it comes out of the box to the time it goes in the enclosure...maybe 10 minutes to inspect it...

the sub might perform really good but i dont think will surpass the current generation.... plus that looks will make customers buy other brands...
like for example will you take that bm or a jl audio tw5???

personally i will take the tw5

or

will you take that mag or a rd alpha??? lets make it easier an rd sonance?? or maybe a dc audio lv 5?? but if we are talking to true sq that mag vs a rl-s??? will you take the mag over all these choices??? all these models cost around equally and their class is fairly comparable.

no ofensse or nothing i know your close friends well thats ok is not of my business but sometimes looks can kill and you know it. so if their going with cheap chinesse imitations maybe a true chinesse subwoofer that can put the pyles or legacys that uses the same basket to shame... who knows.

To answer your questions in order, this mag isnt designed to be a competitor for the rd alpha, that thing is what a 2kw driver that takes 3-4 cubes? the sonance I would take the mag over hands down. You talk about the mag basket being ugly but look at the rd one. Plus rd's cs is a joke. Ive been waiting on 3 drivers from them to test, but guess what steve is apparantly too busy to send his drivers here for a review.

the dc level 5 vs this mag, are you serious? That thing is 2x the cost and is a freaking spl driver, c'mon man. get serous.

ps read the edits i added up there, and again would you rather me not post my experiences. When i got to play with the Nightshades first everyone seemed to like it....

I guess I am the only one who only sees the basket the time it comes out of the box to the time it goes in the enclosure...maybe 10 minutes to inspect it...
OMG it has a red basket so im not going to buy it, LAWL

This driver wasnt meant for the majority on this board anyway. Half of them would throw it in a 3 cube ported box with 2kw and slam the coil into the back plate anyway

Can someone tell me which basket SI should have used? Should they have dropped a bunch of money on custom tooling?
Even your precious 12 spoke is, more or less, a cheap Chinese basket.

The TC basket is proprietary; as I understood it, GZ was using it without authorization and TC wasted a bunch of money trying to go after that buildhouse. That basket is worth something, too.
QFT

to me they went for looks over performance...

or maybe they were thinking of making a sub more affordable(if they lower the price) and be in LARGE quantities, by that i understand is better to get bigger flashy baskets instead of a bigger motor with greater performances because they will cut down the cost of the motor tooling and they will save even more with those kinds of baskets buy alot more quantities from the manufacturers and make bigger profits...

OMG it has a red basket so im not going to buy it, LAWL
This driver wasnt meant for the majority on this board anyway. Half of them would throw it in a 3 cube ported box with 2kw and slam the coil into the back plate anyway
I do wish it was a 10 so I could fit it between the area of my between this little hump in the back of the cab and the seat... it still may fit, but I am unsure.

Pus, to get .5cf, I'd have to use .5" mdf...is it safe at .5 cf?

I do wish it was a 10 so I could fit it between the area of my between this little hump in the back of the cab and the seat... it still may fit, but I am unsure.
Pus, to get .5cf, I'd have to use .5" mdf...is it safe at .5 cf?
should be, its only like 15lbs or something like that, not like you have a 30-50lb sub hanging there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

to me they went for looks over performance...
or maybe they were thinking of making a sub more affordable(if they lower the price) and be in LARGE quantities, by that i understand is better to get bigger flashy baskets instead of a bigger motor with greater performances because they will cut down the cost of the motor tooling and they will save even more with those kinds of baskets buy alot more quantities from the manufacturers and make bigger profits...
yea they went for bling, thats why it has a matte finish on the mag, the other basket has a candy finish that doesnt cost any extra so why not? It doesnt have any extra bling.

Seriously tell me how you can judge the performance of this driver when the only one that has been listened to in the united states is sitting in my basement right now?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.