Mosconi AS100.4 Vs. Stereo Integrity SIQ75x4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doxquzme
Premium Member

Current build, 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5T
Boise, ID
I am considering replacing my Helix B FOUR and have an opportunity to purchase either the Mosconi or the Stereo Integrity 4 channel amplifiers. These will power dome mids and tweeters in my front stage, lower end midbass powered by Focal FDP 4.600, all are active using existing AudioControl DSP DM810. Close output specs, same S/n specs, similar in performance.

I am active so onboard x-overs not important (unless reselling comes into play). I'm leaning towards the Si for a couple of reasons.

Si SIQ75.4
Pure, uncluttered signal path, straight SQ, minimaL processing from the amplifier.
More than enough power for two Kappa 203s domes and CDT ES-1200is tweeters
The aesthetics - can't deny the "WOW" factor of the build!
Bipolar mosfets
Made in America (okay, cool but not the decisive factor)

On the other hand...

While the Mosconi has features that I won't use, the resale aspect (full electronic features, x-overs and such)make the resale potential appealing.
The price is outstanding, someone that needs to move some gear.
More power than I will need
Stellar reputation
Probably equal in SQ to the Si

Arghhh, such a dilemma!

What sayeth you and why!

Last edited:
I am considering replacing my Helix B FOUR and have an opportunity to purchase either the Mosconi or the Stereo Integrity 4 channel amplifiers. These will power dome mids and tweeters in my front stage, lower end midbass powered by Focal FDP 4.600, all are active using existing AudioControl DSP DM810. Close output specs, same S/n specs, similar in performance.

I am active so onboard x-overs not important (unless reselling comes into play). I'm leaning towards the Si for a couple of reasons.

Si SIQ75.4
Pure, uncluttered signal path, straight SQ, minimaL processing from the amplifier.
More than enough power for two Kappa 203s domes and CDT ES-1200is tweeters
The aesthetics - can't deny the "WOW" factor of the build!
Bipolar mosfets
Made in America (okay, cool but not the decisive factor)

On the other hand...

While the Mosconi has features that I won't use, the resale aspect (full electronic features, x-overs and such)make the resale potential appealing.
The price is outstanding, someone that needs to move some gear.
More power than I will need
Stellar reputation
Probably equal in SQ to the Si

Arghhh, such a dilemma!

What sayeth you and why!
I don't think the stereo integrity are American made infact I'm quite certain they are made in Korean. Stereo integrity has no production capabilities and really only the ability to assemble subs from parts suppliers.

This isn't really an issue since Nick sources good products and usually has pretty good QC.

The mosconi has been a solid product for a while but I'd be looking for a used 4|10 over the as line.

And your helix isn't a slouch either and I really don't know what you plan to gain from the swap.

I don't think the stereo integrity are American made infact I'm quite certain they are made in Korean. Stereo integrity has no production capabilities and really only the ability to assemble subs from parts suppliers.

This isn't really an issue since Nick sources good products and usually has pretty good QC.

The mosconi has been a solid product for a while but I'd be looking for a used 4|10 over the as line.

And your helix isn't a slouch either and I really don't know what you plan to gain from the swap.
Appreciate it.

If for no other reason, to be able to open the hatch and say to friends and myself, look at that!

Kind of old-school when it comes to mids/highs, like A/B and the Helix is great. I love that the Si has a direct signal path too. Could always keep the Helix around as a backup.

Still, can't deny that the Si is a thing of beauty for sure...

Last edited:
1704659501938.png

Additionally I am considering putting the Helix in my brothers 68 Chevelle SS rest-O-mod build. A little spruce up to the GM-D8604 he's currently using.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...