New Build

Participant count
  • Participants list

FREELANCER619

To start off im a new member to this forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. I got 2 kicker c124 12's in a really crappy box lets air out. Rattles around unless i got padding in front of it. I got those hooked up to a Volfenhag 2600 Watt Mono Block Amp - ZX-5167. Im just trying to figure out if i can get help with the math and dimensions for a good box for this combination so i can have much better quality sound. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Also the box they are in is a sealed box. Forgot to mention this.

Look up Torres Calculator, you will need to measure the max dimensions(HxWxD)of the area you have to work with, are you wanting a sealed or ported box is another question we will need to know as well.

Here are your subs recommendations for sealed & ported per woofer.

sealed box volume: 1.25 - 3.5 cu. ft.

ported box volume: 1.75 - 2.25 cu. ft.

To start off im a new member to this forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. I got 2 kicker c124 12's in a really crappy box lets air out. Rattles around unless i got padding in front of it. I got those hooked up to a Volfenhag 2600 Watt Mono Block Amp - ZX-5167. Im just trying to figure out if i can get help with the math and dimensions for a good box for this combination so i can have much better quality sound. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Also the box they are in is a sealed box. Forgot to mention this.
*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

Ported is my personal preference. I used to have to p2 punch 12s in a ported box and it used to get me stopped all the time sounded crystal clear on all notes. Ill be able to measure the dimensions in the morning but i got a decent amount of space. Its going in the back of a 2010 ford escape.

I got 41" wide x 20" tall x 30" deep at the max to work with and i feel like those free box designs wouldnt be completely efficient for the 2600 watt amp. Im just spit balling i appreciate all your help so far.

I got 41" wide x 20" tall x 30" deep at the max to work with and i feel like those free box designs wouldnt be completely efficient for the 2600 watt amp. Im just spit balling i appreciate all your help so far.
How would you even know when you dont even know how to calculate a ported box in the first place?????? the 4 cubic feet at 35hz designs is plenty.

Thats not a 2600 watt amp subtract a 0 at the end and you'll get your real world watts coming out of that amp. Amp companies lie 24/7 and volfenhag is one of the low tier companies that pull that Bullsh*t just like boss, pyle, power acoustik, lanzar and pyramid.

If you really want to maximize the space, do two 15s and sell off the kickers.

Im well aware that its not 2600. My statement was because not every 12 inch sub is the same. I can throw 2 identical boxes together but have 2 different sets of subs in it and have 1 sound ok and 1 sound like ****. My point being was that i dont know if my combination will work as smoothly as i want it to with that design vs a design thats got the 2 subs sharing the port but isolated from each other. No need to try and put your gun in my mouth over a sentence that you didnt seem to fully grasp. Wasnt putting you down man just trying to get a better understanding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.