will my design work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

grezgorzrulz

Hey guys i have a design for a sub box for a L7 10" and i want to hide it in the side panels in the trunk. I have designed a box can anyone tell me if the layout of the box will allow the sub to perform well for that ground shaking type bass, hence the reason i went for ported box, not sealed.

View attachment 26555448

The vent is approx 30cm(12") long and is 12cm(5") deep.

The overall length of the box is 60cm (24") long and 10cm(4") high.

Any help with the design is appreciated i dont know if putting the port at the end of the box like it is will be the best

If that extension is all port it will work

IMO fire the port to the side so there is not that last 90* bend right before the opening

If you are trying to get more volume to the box it will not use that volume

And if you have the port only part of that extension it will lower tuning more than desired and could cause issues

What is the port area?

I think he has misunderstood your idea. I believe that he thought the entire length was a port. The way i understand it is that the extension is openly connected to make the whole box a large L shape and the port is at the end of the L shape. From what i understand, this design should work. The shape of the box shouldn't matter as long as the airspace is adequate.

thanks for your reply, thats what i was after.

it is an extension that is openly connected just as you say.

How do i know how big to make the port? do i go by the subwoofer spec sheet for port length?

It will not work properly

That L will act as a port of its own

It can severely reduce the airflow

If not all the time you may find specific frequencies that the port will change due to the extension

Just make the L portion port only

Even better would be to have the port come out the side of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.