new build

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
buying a 2001 corolla today, thinking of doing a trunk build my goal is to hit 150+ on music. I was thinking of going with xcon 15s, or sundown X's. gna do an aeroported design firing into the cab. sealed off. starting another build and I havnt even started my Tahoe build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I need some bass though, I need something temporary maybe ill just throw one of my old kickers in this corolla with a brutus amp. some simple sound to get me through the stress of waiting for my truck to be done

Build that Tahoe

idk about you man, but I can find a way. theres no EEENNNDD to the possibilities!!

U cant seal off a pair of 15s in a corolla aero or not

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

ive seen it done with 2 12s in a camry. its possible

You aren't going to get a 150 without either a serious box design and a lot of work, or without a sub that can handle more power.

idk about you man, but I can find a way. theres no EEENNNDD to the possibilities!!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Ur right u dont know abt me ..and no u cant

I had a 03 corolla, you'll be stuck in the mid to high 140s for ages. Car is flimsy as sh*t even with two layers of deadener everywhere. ****** engine room too if you wanted dual alt setups. High output Alternator options is limited too. Be willing to cut some metal too, its needed if you want to fit something big in there. Worst pain is the rattle treatment process. God i hate that fking part.

well my goal is 150, if its gna be hard to get that then oh well. after all I don't compete id just like to see what it does on the meter. as long as it sounds good that's all that matters to me. I have the 2001 corolla and it seems pretty light lol its way smaller than an 2003. idk man, I cant decide between 2 12s or 1 15. 1 15 xcon or a sundown X or one of those models but in 12s

I had a 03 corolla, you'll be stuck in the mid to high 140s for ages. Car is flimsy as sh*t even with two layers of deadener everywhere. ****** engine room too if you wanted dual alt setups. High output Alternator options is limited too. Be willing to cut some metal too, its needed if you want to fit something big in there. Worst pain is the rattle treatment process. God i hate that fking part.

I would try a pair of 12s...In that trunk space, or a pair of heavy tens, or one 15..Going to take alot to get that car to hit pretty good..Id just use a sub sitting and work with that to get some bass in there,and save some money/use what you have,and not trying to worry about chasing a #

yeah that's true. your right, since it dosnt have an alarm on it yet I don't think I wanna drop a pretty penny on the audio part of it. might just do half of my old set up. 2 cvr 15s aero ported on a brutus 1600.1 might just get a d3400 for it and call it a day. so 2 cvr 15s on a brx1600.1 with a d3400 under the hood. sounds pretty simple. oh yeah some door speakers gna take a look on amazon and see whats up. dammit, the head unit also. it has a cheap sony one lol I need a HU with a built in cross over, with aux and all that good stuff. oh yeah you know it ////Apline

I would try a pair of 12s...In that trunk space, or a pair of heavy tens, or one 15..Going to take alot to get that car to hit pretty good..Id just use a sub sitting and work with that to get some bass in there,and save some money/use what you have,and not trying to worry about chasing a #

Bro u cray cray!!! I'm gunna buy 2 xcon 15s then maybe 2 12s or 1 15. And now it's naw I'll just run kickers. Lmao
This^

People here talk about 150's like they're nothing.

When people hit big numbers with crappy equipment or small subs on low power, their boxes are not musical. Very peaky. Narrow bandwidth at a high frequency. It's easier to hit numbers up high.

If you want a cheap small system that is loud on the meter AND sounds good with lots of bandwidth, that's not going to happen. You have to choose decent lows or decent numbers with that equipment. Not trying to be mean, just telling it how it is.

Everyone these days thinks a 150 is easy because lots of experts have put in the time to do fine tuning on their setups and testing. People are able to do a 150 with an SA8v2 if you put enough time into it in the right vehicle at a high frequency

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.