New build. :) memphis mojo 15

XORstatus
10+ year member

CAR audio IDIOT :P
This is the build I did last night,

Got the peices cut at homedepto at 9:30 and completed BUILDING it at 3am.

PHOTOS:

kRGVT.jpg

WTwqb.jpg

btumG.jpg

hRXaK.jpg

gxbgu.jpg

SpqEc.jpg

L7XQt.jpg

d7y6e.jpg

TKCBy.jpg

Yxx0B.jpg

At most they were off by 1/16 nothing that my sander couldnt hande //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im gonna fiberglass resin the internals SHOULD make this baby SCREAM, its tuned LOW less than 33 Hz.

Ill keep you guys informed.

I used a jig saw, it TOOK FOREVER!!! Plus I ran into screws that held the "rear" baffle in originally. Only had one jig blade so I had to drill those out.

All in all worked out pretty nicely, its been a while since I made a NICE box with dual baffle and resin and other emenities, I FORGOT HOW HEAVY these things are with all the extras. Ive just built so-so boxes recently.

Im also contemplating putting 45 angle by the rear corner of the box where the port is, do you guys think that wll make a difference or am I being too persnickety?

The box needs internal bracing and the port opening looks too small.
Memphis recommends 30 sq in of port area. I made that decision on their recommendations.

Im not saying that they are completely correct, just giving you and Idea of how/where I started.

Why do you think the port is too small?

Im not implying that your wrong, just interested in getting a more holistic ideal.

I was thinking of supports but I don't know the rule or guide lines of their distribution.

If you have any Ideas about it would you please share them?

AS ALWAYS thank you for the critiques.

You can take what they recomment and throw it out the door. Do what the guys on here suggest thats how youl get really loud. Just sayin.......

And yea u shoulda done some bracing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.